View Single Post
Old February 28, 2000, 06:33 AM   #10
Cougar

I'm going to defer any recomendations to those that know better.

I don't shoot as much as I would like, but was thinking about getting into reloading a few years ago with a buddy of mine.

He bought one of those Lee 'Anniversary Kits' for a simple single stage press. Somewhere along the line he had also picked up a Lee Turret press. We had started to acumulate the basics for getting started. He has a couple of reloading manuals (Sierra 3rd, and Lyman 47th) I got the single caliber Loadbooks, 9mm, .38 Spl/.357 Mag, and .44 Spl/Mag Lee carbide dies, and a tmmbler from Midway.

The problem is, we never did anything with it! He never got around to building a reloading station at his place, then he drifted away from the sport entirely. I ended up buying his 'share' of the reloading equipment and supplies, still new in the box, for just $100, but I too have not done anything with it yet.

Do you recommend that I have someone help me get started? I'm hesitant to do so on my own. I'm afraid that I'll screw something up. I have lots of questions as well. Should I seat and crimp in two different operations as some suggest or do I frustrate myself trying to do both at once. Should I start with the single stage press or start with the Turret press. ....Or should I scrap all of the Lee presses because it seems like no one in these forums holds them in much regard.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Page generated in 0.05607 seconds with 7 queries