View Single Post
Old December 29, 2005, 12:10 PM   #55
FrontSight

Ok, like I said earlier, I am by no means an expert...
So I was reading the latest Sports Afield issue, and it had a great artcile about African Safari, and recommended two books, African Hunter II, and The Perfect Shot, both of which I bought (from an E-Bay store at a GREAT discount if anyone is interested) and they seem really, really awesome...

Turns out these books actually recommend a .270 for a lot of the game there, so I guess if you knew you ONLY had X amount of $$ to spend, and could ONLY afford certain species, all that grow to only a certain max size, and were NOT going to bag anything else, no matter how incredible a once in a lifetime specimen, or even if it would be a world record trophy that would stand for 500 years, and don't care about having to spend money on a wounded but unrecovered animal, and are a crazy person & don't care about getting chomped on by a lion or trampled/gored by a buffalo or elephant, then perhaps a .270 would be enough?

But damn, would anyone actually ever fit all those criteria? Odds would be really high against it...so for the general question of "would a .270 be enough gun of Africa?". I'd have to guess No, unless you fit all of those criteria above...

But like I said, I'm not even remotely close to being an expert...

Page generated in 0.04460 seconds with 7 queries