View Single Post
Old December 5, 1999, 07:13 AM   #1
Hal

Ok, I had no reason to doubt it was anything other than what was advertised. The sign said new unfired, this was the third batch of brass I bought from the guy, but the first batch of .44 Special. The other stuff was .44 Mag. I primed 10 cases, belled the case mouth, charged them and seated the bullets. 5 went normal,3 didn't feel "right", as the bullets fell all the way into the case. ***? I resized one of the unprimed ones, and lo and behold, it went in hard all the way. I looked real close at the ones still in the bag, and sure enough, you can tell that they have been fired before. Not a big deal, but it kinda ticks me off enough that I had to vent about it here. I am a bit PO'ed about getting what appears to be once fired for the price of new, but more PO'ed that I didn't catch it right away. What's the best way to handel it? The guy sets up at the local shows. I have bought a fair amount of stuff from him in the past, stuff he has and the local shops don't carry, mainly brass and lead and Lee stuff. He seems like a straight shooter (no pun). Just tell him next time I'm at his table? Or should I go after him by opening a bag and pointing out that the stuff is obviously used, but cleaned and sorted. I'm not after any retribution or a refund, and I doubt if making a stink at his table would have any effect in the long run. Should I just use it as a learning experience? I know in the future, I will open and carefully look at every bag of brass I buy. It only takes a second, and maybe someone else in here may benifit. I bought 50 .44 Special and 100 .38 Special so it isn't like I stocked up for anything. Since I am going to load light, and the brass appears to be in decent shape,is marked R P, which I take to be Remington brass, I don't think I really got shafted. Even if it is once fired, it was cleaned and sorted, something the cheaper once fired usually isn't. I figure, at most, I overpaid less than $10.00, probably closer to $8.00, but it just galls me. I'm interested to hear how anybody here would handle it.

Page generated in 0.04247 seconds with 7 queries