Thread: triple 7...
View Single Post
Old November 28, 2005, 09:37 PM   #234
Old Dragoon

MPP1423,

I'm getting my Kirst Konverters from River Junction Trade Co., their prices are online here:

http://www.riverjunction.com/kirst/index.html

I'm paying retail but Jim gives great service and quick delivery. 4 days to California from McGregor Iowa. probably a day quicker to your location.
He is the first retailer to sell the Kirst line. He is a personal friend of Walter Kirst. I had the pleasure to meet Jim a few years back at a K.C. Gun Collectors Show. Really nice guy.and they have about anything pertaining to our sport that you might want.

You'll see that the 44 Rem converter is less expensive than the gated version with the ejector assy. Even with the ejector assy. You can port the recoil ring yourself, like I do and save some bucks. No the bullets won't fall out due to the timing of the cylinder and beveling of the recoil shield picks up any that might slip back before that first shot. After the first shot the cartridges swell in the chamber anyway(every Revolver works this way but you never think of it because you have a gate or shield).

I reload 44 Mag, 44 Colt and now 44 Rem. loading of the Colt cartridge. That is why I went this way. That, and the fact that the 44 Rem. Konverter is a full six shot and not a 5 and 1(safety). I can choose which chamber I want to leave empty. It bugs me that others can make that choice for you. (Reason I took the plug out of my Birdshead gripped Colt Clone from Uberti. Darn it I will make the decision which chamber to leave empty...or fill them all if I want to. (not for SASS though).

I have the prices for the moulds from Old West Moulds, also their special crimper and lube/sizer(both fit and their 248 grn bullets now too. I'll send them to anyone that wants them by private email, or the private message on this forum. Old West is very competitive he'll reload once fired with BP or Smokeless, he'll size and lube bullets or let you size and lube, he provides soft lube for BP and hard lube for Smokeless(the 44 rem loaded colt 44 brass is smokeless but soft outside lubed).

tinker2,
I started a new how to thread for you.

I'd be glad to Antique one for you.

Last edited by Old Dragoon; November 29, 2005 at 09:17 AM.

Page generated in 0.02252 seconds with 8 queries