View Single Post
Old November 2, 2005, 02:32 AM   #4
Strike Penguin
Maybe you should work on yourself as that would improve your confidence in your ability to handle a situation without the fear you experienced or the need to rely solely on a firearm for defense. I would suggest you and your GF get a gym membership and maybe check out some self defense classes.
Fear I experienced? Where did I say I was scared? I was surprised at somebody popping up close to us at a gas station, not cowering in fear or paralyzed. I was thinking in terms of situational awareness, and my lack thereof. I guess my talking about the situation like it was potential combat is misleading you. Isn't that what we're supposed to do here? What-ifing?

I am working on losing weight and strengthening up, but for health reasons, mainly. Nothing in the world is going to change the fact that we're both 5'9" and under, with glasses.

A brain is your most important weapon. Every kid in a hood isn't a thug, and not every white guy in a suit is a good guy.

Go wherever you want, carry whenever you can, and keep your eyes open.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm just pointing out that I didn't have my eyes open, and got surprised. I've seen several posts here about incidents at gas stations, and I figured I'd put this hypothetical situation out there to see what could be learned from it, if anything. I should have made it more clear in the original post that her and I were talking in hypotheticals. We didn't think he was actually an attacker (Well, I wondered about it, for about half a second when I first saw him). I have a responsibility to be a Responsible Person, especially so with a CHL and a .45 in my pants, and part of that being Responsible is being aware of my surroundings.
Page generated in 0.03560 seconds with 7 queries