View Single Post
Old October 19, 2005, 12:36 PM   #13
Wynterbourne

Quote:
I may go to the doc for sleep aids for this weekend. Thankfully, I have weekends off and can catch up there hopefully.
From someone who is currently working (at least one job) in the pharmaceuticals industry...

The two most popular, though most expensive, options on the market currently are Ambien and Lunesta. Based off of our records, Ambien usage through the insurance plans we process (over 1000 at this time) outstrips Lunesta by an almost 2 to 1 ratio.

Ambien seems to work the best, if it works for you. There are some people who have little luck with it (a small percentage), or who build up a resistance to it very quickly (a slightly higher percentage). One note though, when the warning states to make sure you have time for 8 hours uninterrupted sleep, they aren't joking.

A number of people have reported that Ambien 'drags' on them for part of the next day. Most report that the feeling evens out over a period of time as their system gets used to the new chemical being introduced to the blood stream. But if you start taking it, make sure that you have some 'free time' until you know what it's going to do to you.

Lunesta seems, and I want to stress the word seems, to be prescribed for people who have difficulty with Ambien. Generally speaking, our patients indicate that it doesn't seem as 'harsh' as Ambien, but has a MUCH higher rate of little to no results.

Whichever path you take, I recommend you call whoever might process your Prescription Insurance, if you have insurance. A number of plans either put specific limitations on the amount of Ambien or Lunesta that they will cover, or they might require Prior Authorization before they will cover any of it. Just ask them to verify if it is covered, and what the copay will be. They should tell you if there are any 'special steps' required.

That said, I think you did the right thing. The moment you start doubting yourself, questioning your own ability to act safely, is the time you need to step away for a little bit.

"You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or use any other word you think will work, but I’ve found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much the universal language." - Clint Smith

9mm. Because no matter how you try to rationalize it, .45 ACP is still for people trying to compensate for -something-.

Page generated in 0.04887 seconds with 7 queries