View Single Post
Old October 5, 2005, 12:08 PM   #89
SAXD9

Bloodybucket,
I read what you said, and it LOOKS like IMO that you justify inaction to help the woman by saying she might have done something to deserve it. I'm not judging you personally. I've been a cop for so long, I don't know what I would do as a civilian (yea,yea cops are civilians, but you know what I mean). I would hope that my upbringing would force me into action.

"I am not a LEO, I do not have the right to gun down a man in a busy Walmart store or even an alley way for that matter."

You have every right to defend another human being from harm.

"Like many of the comments stated many of you talk tough but have you ever been in a combat situation or even raised your weapon at another human being????"

More than once, I have had a loaded weapon aimed at a person and had all the slack out of the trigger. It's not a good feeling, but my main goal is to go home at the end of the day. I don't look at it as "gunning someone down". If someone forces me to defend myself or a third party from harm, I look at it like they did it to themselves. I hope I never have to actually shoot someone, but I know from what I have done thus far that I can, and will if I have to.

I've had to fight, hand to hand, in self defense before, and I know what I am capable of. It is the duty of the weak to learn to defend themselves, but it's also our duty IMO as the strong, to protect the weak.

Respects,
Ghostdog
Norinco SKS/ Wolf 7.62x39 FMJ

Page generated in 0.04597 seconds with 7 queries