View Single Post
Old August 25, 2005, 08:05 PM   #1
William_IV

Pics, My new re-loading bench.

Just thought I might share photo's of my new project. As a metalworker by
trade and a woodworker by hobby. I decided it was time for a new work bench for my gun and re-loading hobbies. Using some Stainless 316L given to me from a contractor on the job, I fabricated and welded a frame for my bench. Once I got into it I decided this bench should really have a nice wood top, and since It had Stainless construction why not a quality top? What hardwood could fit this bench better than some 6/4 american Walnut?
To make a long story short I purchased this wood at an arm and a legs cost!! and worked it into a table top. I designed my bench to work in a L shaped configuration but also convertible to one long bench if I ever need to. At first I was going to put on a nice rubbed oil finish but then decided this might not be a good idea as lead deposits could remain in the pores of the wood and build over time. I finished this with a few coats of poly instead.

At this time i had not yet mounted my turret press. perhaps I can get out a more recent picture, here in the near future.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pre-fab01.JPG (237.1 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg pre-fab02.JPG (176.2 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg Rough layout.JPG (187.0 KB, 253 views)

Page generated in 0.06324 seconds with 8 queries