View Single Post
Old July 11, 2000, 11:01 PM   #2

I wouldn't sweat it. Keep on trucking with what works for you. If you're overseas where guns are far less common than tourists I suspect you'll not have a problem. Even if civilans occassionally think you might be carrying - it should only serve to make the BGs more conservative.

If officials (foreign or domestic) question you and you're clean - so what? Do your best "Aunt Bea" routine and go on about your business.

I'm not female - and I'm swiftly moving past the "middle" part of middle age - and I often wear an old fishing vest for exactly the reasons you do. In this hot East Texas climate I often wear a light tee shirt and jeans. Since I need glasses to read, use tobacco, often have a dog with me that sometimes needs a leash, carry a checkbook that I don't want crushed and so on - I don't appologise for the vest.

In my case it often helps conceal a firearm. If it didn't conceal a firearm, I'd still use it because it works.

My general advice is "Don't let someone else's problem become your problem" if you can help it.

Have fun in your travels.

Jim Fox
Page generated in 0.06481 seconds with 7 queries