1. PULL OVER NEXT TIME THE COPS FLASH LIGHTS AT YOU!
2. Make it known that attempting to kill a cop will net the same result. (The individual tried to run over a cop) This in and of itself will net the same result shown in the video in a lot of instances. It appeared that they were not going to give him the option to do it again.
3. No one has confirmed or denied that he had a weapon. If the report was that he had a weapon, couple with #2, then open fire.
4. Should that many cops have used that many bullets? I can't decide that. Obviously they didn't use enough, but they may have run out of mags and therefore only shot 120 - as the suspect was not killed.
5. We need to state the obvious cause no one has. IT IS COMPTON! This is not exactly your white picket fence neighborhood. Someone tries to run over a cop in Compton, what do you think is going to happen?
I do not applaud the actions, but again, none of us Monday morning QBs have an appropriate amount of information for this scenario. Had the person stepped out with a rifle or weapon, this conversation would not be happening.
I think it comes down to the fact that the person fled, tried to run over a cop, and MAY have had a weapon. The use of deadly force when taking these 3 items into consideration, is justified IMHO.
NRA Life Member
Current shopping list:
Bersa Thunder 9mm
Bersa .380 (Duo tone)
Kel Tec P3AT (SG)
Stoeger 2000 (black syn.) 26"
Winchester Model 97 12 gauge FULL
Marlin Firearms Model 60 22LR