May 5, 2005, 12:46 PM
Join Date: May 17, 2004
Location: DFW, TX
Rules for a Gunfight
- Bring a gun.
- Preferably, bring at least two guns.
- Bring all of your friends who have guns.
- Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive.
- Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.
- If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.
- Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral and diagonal movement are preferred.)
- If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a long gun and a friend with a long gun.
- In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
- If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
- Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
- Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel -CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED--CENSORED- in the flintlock of your musket."
- Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
- Always cheat, always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
- Have a plan.
- Have a back-up plan, because the first one won't work.
- Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
- Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
- Don't drop your guard.
- Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees.
- Watch their hands. Hands kill. (In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.)
- Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
- The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.
- Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
- Be courteous to everyone. Friendly to no one.
- Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
- Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun, the caliber of which does not start with a "4".
*Opinion worth what you paid.