View Single Post
Old March 24, 2005, 01:17 AM   #13
mikikanazawa

Great story!

I was on a construction site with a friend and his father when I was in my early 20s. It was a hot Los Angeles summer, his dad was a plumber installing new pipes. We were along to help, because, quite frankly, we had sweet poo all to do.

My buddy has an abrasive sense of humor, so it was only a matter of minutes before he ****** off some of the strapping men carrying lumber across the field. My buddy's a small guy; not a bad person, but doesn't know when to shut up. By the time I figured out what was going on, he was surrounded by six guys looking for some action (on my buddy's butt, most likely).

You have to visualize his dad. Greek guy in his 70s (didn't retire until 80s). Maybe 5'6" when his knee wasn't acting up. Barrel-chested and hands like hamhocks. Heavy Greek accent, gruff voice. Sees what's happening to his son and walks slooooowly to the group. I figured he was going to let his son sweat a bit.

So the old man walks up to the group and says to the guy closest to him, "What the F's a matta with you ah?" and then SOUNDLY open-hand slaps the guy in the face. I'm not kidding you, that guy's feet probably lifted 18 inches off the ground. The rest of the guys slinked away... after they closed their mouths.

Then we proceeded to remove screwed-on caps from four-inch iron pipe. Me and my buddy were using strap wrenches. Guess who was using his bare hands?

Page generated in 0.04406 seconds with 7 queries