View Single Post
Old March 23, 2005, 12:39 AM   #1
w4klr

Thinking of starting a firearm store...

I've noticed a few things in the past when shopping for firearms:

1. Many of the ones I like, are never in stock to look at and hold.
2. Many stores are in bad locations.
3. Many are not clean, and bars don't give me the best feelings.
4. Prices are usually ridiculous.

For those of you who live in Broward County, FL... I'm thinking of starting a full service gun store in Weston, right off of I-75. I like this location because it is easily accessible from a major highway, and Weston is full of wealthy people.

I'd stock brands such as Springfield, Colt, HK, Glock, S&W, Bersa, Taurus, Kel-Tec, Winchester, Remington, Bushmaster, Armalite, Kahr, Kimber, Sig, IMI, Ruger, Marlin, Mossberg, CZ, Beretta, Benelli, have at least 1 of every model for display only, and sell at a small cost above what it costs me, I beleive more can be made in a higher quantity of sales, not prices.

The as for security, the store would be clean, a tile floor, white walls, all manufacturers posters will be framed, and there will be 2 rooms. One is my general office, the other room, a vault lined with concrete and steel with a vault door. The store security system would be in the vault itself, so you have to be inside to arm/disarm. Motion detectors in all rooms of course.

All firearms will be taken out and put back in the vault as the day ends or begins, and along with selling firearms, of course ammunition as well, along with law enforcement gear.

And to top all that off, a consistent series of GunBroker listings and/or an online store.

I have big plans, problem is, most of them suck I'd really like to get into it.

Page generated in 0.04509 seconds with 7 queries