View Single Post
Old March 19, 2005, 01:30 AM   #2
Robert Hairless

I don't know that holster but I do know that word "economical" as it's used in manufacturers' ads. It means "cheap," as in "here's the bottom of our line." So when I saw the De Santis description that says "The Tuck-This!™ is a new tuck-able holster from DeSantis that is both economical and versatile" what I read is "it's cheap and flimsy." And when I saw that it's made of ballistic nylon my mind flashes to the $5 J-clip holsters of that same material displayed on gun show tables.

A quality clip on holster along similar lines is Lou Alessi's Talon or Talon Plus. They cost about $55.00 from RFHolsters.com.

There's an amazing phenomenon about holsters: top quality leather by top makers of holsters for professionals usually cost about the same as, or a little more than, or even occasionally a bit less than, mass produced stuff and even outright junk. In this instance that "economical" Tuck-It holster sells for $40 and the roughly equivalent work by one our country's masters is just $15 more.

I get chills when I see a holster maker recommend a small-of-the-back holster.

Page generated in 0.02776 seconds with 7 queries