View Single Post
Old March 6, 2005, 10:49 PM   #42
guntotin_fool

I have a Florida Non resident permit and I read the rules very diligently, and I come up with this.

776.012* Use of force in defense of person....
(YOU are allowed to use deadly force as soon as you reach this point.....)

However, the person is justified in the use of deadly force only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

776.08* Forcible felony "Forcible felony" means treason; murder; manslaughter; sexual battery; carjacking; home-invasion robbery; robbery; burglary; arson; kidnapping; aggravated assault; aggravated battery; aggravated stalking; aircraft piracy; unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging of a destructive device or bomb; and any other felony which involves the use or threat of physical force or violence against any individual.

In reading the states web site or the handbook that came with my permit
I find nothing that describes the weapon or limits it to certian limits. on and again i quote from the States website...."to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony."

NOTHING but your judgement says if I do not shoot, I will be hurt or killed, or some one else will be, OR someone will commit a FORCIBLE FELONY..actually quite simply put for state documents.

Page generated in 0.04493 seconds with 7 queries