View Single Post
Old January 15, 2005, 01:01 AM   #20
Wynterbourne

Quote:
one verbal command to halt their advance
Man, I am SO glad I live in Texas. In Texas the 'verbal command' is the sound of the safety coming off. Anything beyond that is just a courtesy.

In all seriousness, in a situation protecting a child, with multiple armed assailants, the weapon is getting drawn and pointed as soon as the threat is noted. The child is getting shoved into the corner behind me, with my body providing as much of a shield as possible. If another step is taken, the first 15 rounds are flying.

To Hades with waiting until they're within 7 yards. If the threat is noted at 50 feet, the shooting is starting when they cross 49.

Quote:
Would you shoot each BG once, or just shoot one or two of them until they drop?
If they're still moving, they're still a threat. I don't know about you, but unless I'm being very weight conscious that day, I'm carrying enough ammo to put 11 into every one of them. Of course, 15 rounds of that's going to be FMJ, so that'd probably be saved in case they have buddies.

"You can say ‘stop’ or ‘alto’ or use any other word you think will work, but I’ve found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone’s head is pretty much the universal language." - Clint Smith

9mm. Because no matter how you try to rationalize it, .45 ACP is still for people trying to compensate for -something-.

Page generated in 0.04398 seconds with 7 queries