View Single Post
Old November 6, 2004, 08:34 PM   #12
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Quote:
That other country does not have the 2nd amendment...so when you talk about the 2nd amendment, the country doing the cutting has to have one in order for it to be relevent.
Well, seeing as how the Constitution and the Bill of Rights does not grant rights but only enumerates the rights of humantity...an argument could be made that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right of all humans everywhere.

Personally, I don't receive my right to arms from the Second Amendment. My right to arms is derived from my right to life. An inalienable right. Since I have a right to life; it logically follows that I have a right to defend that right. Since I have a right of self defense then it logically follows that I have the right to own the tools to effectively use that right, i.e. weapons.

Care to dispute this? Now I will stipulate that many other governments have the power to suppress this right. And that they have done so. However, the concept that individuals in other countries do not possess this right...BS. The right to bear arms is the right to be free. All humans possess this right.

Page generated in 0.04238 seconds with 7 queries