Thread: Range Rant
View Single Post
Old October 31, 2002, 03:18 PM   #13
Betty

I've got combat boots, cammies, and boonie hats. I wear them out to the range because they're comfortable for the environment. When I'm out in public, or when I'm modeling for a poster for Oleg, I'll wear what's appropriate. When I'm debating with an anti in person, I'm a perfect lady. I can't afford to be seen as anything else, especially since I know I am representing all gun owners, whether I like it or not. That's also why I like the RKBA stickers on my vehicle - people who see them and then me rethink the "beer bellied redneck gun owner" stereotype.

Oleg has a friend named Paul. When you first look at him, you see a slim man over 6' tall, a scruffy beard, "weather-worn" skin, and a soiled NRA cap. I've never seen him in anything but camo. Most people freak at the sight of him - they immediately think he's the psycho who sits in a tiny one room cabin making pipe bombs. If they just interacted with him, they'd realize he's one of the warmest, friendliest, and most intelligent people around.

Page generated in 0.04082 seconds with 7 queries