View Single Post
Old August 2, 2002, 04:10 PM   #8
HSMITH

I too have a sporting type X2, with a 3.5" chamber. It is dead solid, shoots well and once I learned what it needed for lube and care runs like a swiss watch. As long as you do not try to run it dry, like I did, it will cycle. I regularly shoot 7/8 oz @1175 fps up to 2 oz @1300fps through mine, all work fine. If you load for yours use slower powders on the light loads even though they are dirty. The gun will run great absolutely filthy, but without pressure down-tube it will not run at all regardless of condition. I could not ask for more in a shotgun. It made 4 other shotguns in my rack obsolete, if it needs doing the X2 can do it and do it well.

BTW, mine has gone over 5000 rounds between cleanings, just a couple drops of oil on the bolt rails and wipe the mag tube off every thousand rounds or so. If the rails get dry it will get sluggish. When it slows down you oil. If you do not oil it will go about 1200 before it starts FTF problems. Over 200 were 3.5" steel shot in hunting conditions too.

Page generated in 0.02980 seconds with 7 queries