View Full Version : new to me
January 28, 2002, 10:49 AM
Have my first Glock...a model 30. Got it in the secondary market and it doesn't have instructions. How does one break this pistol down for cleaning?
January 28, 2002, 03:50 PM
Ok, most basic disassembly instructions are:
1. Remove magazine.
2. Withdraw slide, and visually inspect to ensure that the gun is unloaded.
3. Point the gun in a safe direction and pull the trigger to uncock the mechanism.
4. With draw the slide about 1/8" of an inch, but NOT far enough to engage the striker. If you engage the striker, you have to do step 3 again.
5. Holding the slide back, pull down on the two buttons on either side of the frame in front of the trigger.
6. With the buttons pulled down, release the slide. If you have the buttons pulled down fully, the slide will move forward to the point where you can release the buttons and pull the slide off of the frame.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.