PDA

View Full Version : Ruger price increase?

Rhyno357
December 30, 2001, 12:37 PM
At the shop/range the other day looking at what I hope to be my next acquisition, a Vaquero in .45LC. As luck would have it, the one I had my eye on was sold. No big deal as the shop is more than happy to order me one. The girl behind the counter mentioned that Ruger is going to increase the prices on their handguns by $40 or $50.

Can anyone else confirm this and possibly shed some light as to when this increase will be implemented? Is it a "blanket" sort of increase, or does it only apply to their handguns, or maybe even certain models? I am still saving my $$ for this revolver, and kind of want to know how much time I have to work with.

I must admit that even if Ruger bumped up the prices on their firearms, I would still feel like I was getting an excellent deal.

Thanx,
Rhyno

Inspector Callahan
December 30, 2001, 12:39 PM
The way I heard it was that Ruger has not increased prices on handguns for two years, thus making this price increase huge to make up for it.

Badaboom
January 9, 2002, 05:32 PM
This doesn't sound like a retail deal

sleeping dog
January 10, 2002, 05:12 PM
It's a retail deal, badaboom,

just not a very good one.

I don't understand why they were offering a rebate if they were going to raise their prices. But I ain't no marketing genius.

Regards.

Badaboom
January 11, 2002, 03:23 PM
But I ain't no marketing genius.

Evidentially neither is Ruger.

Are you looking for a job?

Jamie Young
January 15, 2002, 11:47 PM
I was told by several Gun Shops that Prices have gone up for just about everything. AR's are about $30-$50 higher here in PA and I've seen Mini 14's going for $599:barf: I bought Mine 2yrs ago for $465:eek:

Birdhunter
February 13, 2002, 11:51 PM
Supply and Demand! All firearm sales jumped after 9-11 everyone is taking advantage of it.

Maybe I should quit driving a truck and get a real job.

Parmasan
February 27, 2002, 04:17 PM
Yep, bought a Ruger .357 Gp100 in early Feb. Had my eye on one in the display case, but hesitated, so it got sold. When I went back to the store to have it ordered, they told me Ruger had an increase. I think it increased the price by about $30 (got it anyway of course):eek:

george miller
February 27, 2002, 05:41 PM
used to be able to get a standard,no frills, new 10/22 for around 145 buck.guy behind the counter told me...that was last years price.whoa..theyve gone up.

S.F.S
March 17, 2002, 11:37 AM
I have been looking to get a rifle so when I was at the gun shop I frequent I saw new Remington BDL's light barrel going for $575.00-$595.00 and a new Remington VLS heavy barrel left from last year going for $575.00 and a Rugers 77MKII rifle that Im looking to get was running $525.00 for the new standard model, wood stock blue barrel and $535.00 for last years sporter model, laminated stock and SS barrel which was new also this years sporter model is running $565.00. Needless to say I will most likely go with the last years sporter model...
He said all the firearm manufactures raised their prices this year he said its been about 2 or 3 years since the last increase.