PDA

View Full Version : Interesting phenomenon?

ahenry
December 28, 2001, 10:50 AM
I noticed that on a thread in Legal & Political that the number of people that have responded is different than what the summary page claims. Also, according to the sum page, the last person to respond is not that actual last person. I have been watching a particular thread (Are rights absolute) to see if it corrects itself and as yet it has not. Is this a bug, or does the summary page have to perform some sort of update and only does so periodically?

TheBluesMan
December 28, 2001, 08:08 PM
I was surprised to see your name at the top of the pile here in S,Q&F. The forum summary page showed Dennis' post at 7:45 as the most recent. I come in here and see that his is the second one down.

Methinks that re-indexing is in order and should fix the problem.

Rich? Shaun?

Bud Helms
December 28, 2001, 08:25 PM
I had trouble opening TFL from about 5:30 PM until just a few minutes ago. In GD forum, there is no post logged between about 9:30 AM and 8:10 PM. Anybody believe that?:D

Nightcrawler
December 28, 2001, 08:33 PM
Some of it's still going on. On my browser, this thread:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94641

Says that there are six replies. There are 11 replies. The browser ignores all the replies between Lendrisenger's and my latest reply.

Funky.

Caeca Invidia Es
December 28, 2001, 09:12 PM
It's not my fault!!

Greg L
December 28, 2001, 09:15 PM
The strange lapse between post times is probably right. At about 10 am I wasn't able to get into here and was only able to get in about 15 min ago (yes it has been a slow day around here. Just let the kids destroy their new presents while I hide in the bedroom :D ).

Greg

C.R.Sam
December 30, 2001, 01:02 AM
Last poster and time of not uncommon to be not currant. Not a new thing. Just an underobserved thing.

Sam

yankytrash
December 30, 2001, 05:45 AM
It's a TFL conspiracy to make us stick around a little longer. They can't read your thoughts when you only browse for a couple minutes at a time.

What's that you said, Rich? Go back to 'General' where you belong? Yessir..

(apparently, if you stick around long enough, they can tell you thoughts too!)

Rich Lucibella
December 30, 2001, 08:49 AM
I was flying and learned of the access problems late. I, too, believe that a reindex is in order. However, I'm on the road until the 7th and am hesitant to try from a dial up.

If I can get good connections to the server this AM, I'll make it happen.
Rich

C.R.Sam
December 30, 2001, 02:41 PM
Now there's a scary thought:D

Nosredna Mas

Rich Lucibella
December 31, 2001, 03:14 PM
Hopefully, these problems are now resolved.
Rich

Jim Watson
December 31, 2001, 06:15 PM
I have seen my name listed as the last poster a couple of different places where I was not; maybe not even on the thread at all. Click on my name and it goes to the profile of the actual last poster, not me.

Confusing.

Please fix it.

Rich Lucibella
December 31, 2001, 06:40 PM
Oh sure Jim. Lemme just cancel my New Years Eve plans for you.

Last I checked there were about 94,000 threads here. Shall I start at the bottom or top? Hey, I've got an idea.....how 'bout you provide some direction....like a Link?

:rolleyes:
Rich