PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Crown Problem

mt_goodrich
December 22, 2001, 12:55 AM
Bought a Glock 23 only a month ago. Took out to firing range today. Shot about 150 rounds through it. Nothing out of the ordinary. I use factory ammo.

Get home to clean it. Break it down and notice that 1/4 of the muzzle crown looks chipped. Not sure what could have caused this. Any suggestions or thoughts?
I was going to have sites put on it tomorrow at gunshow here in town and just take the slide with me....however, now I'm worried enough to take the whole thing in and have a Glock armorer take a look at it.

Art Eatman
December 22, 2001, 11:23 AM
Yeah, definitely have it looked at.

If the chipping is on the outer edge, it won't affect accuracy. If it's down into the bore-area, it's a problem.

FWIW, Art

mt_goodrich
December 22, 2001, 02:37 PM
Well....it isn't the muzzle crown chipping....it is lead.

Seem ammo brother-in-law gave me in factory box was in fact some reload ammo he picked up and just happened to put into the box.

Fortunately, I only shot 10 rounds through this barrel....so damage wasn't bad.

Had a Glock Armorer cleaned it up (free...since I also bought a set of nite sights from him).

Lesson learned....check ammo....especially if it comes from your brother-in-law.

Art Eatman
December 22, 2001, 09:36 PM
Well, the glockers in the SemiAuto Forum said not to shoot lead bullets in Glocks. The weird type of rifling doesn't work well with the soft metal.

Art