PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Lever Action 3030

Colduglandon
December 12, 2001, 09:51 PM
I am having a problem with my Marlin. From time to time two rounds get jammed in the action. I have to take the screw out of the lever and remove the lever in order to "un jam" the action, and then get the two rounds out. It does not happen all the time.

James K
December 12, 2001, 10:48 PM
This could be a problem with the carrier, but may be simply a problem in manipulation. If one hesitates or tries to change direction part way through operating the lever, the rifle can jam. The lever should be pulled down in one smooth motion and brought back up in one smooth motion.

Also, if you are using handloads, check that the overall length is to specification. Too short or too long rounds can also cause problems in a lever action.

Jim

Colduglandon
December 15, 2001, 08:41 PM
I will check that. I do use a lot of hand loads. It also may be related to not operating the action properly as you stated. It usually happens in the cold weather with gloves on. I will look into both of your suggestions. What should I look for as far as hardware problems with the aciton, what could be the problem with the carrier.