PDA

View Full Version : JARD AR-15 Trigger

stringj
December 6, 2001, 05:05 PM
All,
I recently purchased a JARD trigger for my Bushmaster. The one I bought from Brownell has a 2 lb. trigger pull. This rifle is only used as a plinker and not long-range shooting or competition. Is a 2 lb. pull too light or unsafe for my intended use? I am open to suggestions for springs of a proper pull weight.

Jerry

stringj
December 19, 2001, 12:04 PM
George,
I had the trigger installed and finally got to shoot it last night. The gunsmith followed the directions to a letter, and ruled the function safe (he did things like cock the hammer and smashed the buttstock against the floor and the hammer didn't drop). I will never be a great shot, but with the original trigger from 25 yards freehand, all shots would be in the black of a B27R target. Now all shots are within the 9 ring at the same distance. Makes shooting much more fun. The gunsmith said the trigger has a little bit of creep in it, but I didn't notice it as I am not accustomed to the finer points of trigger engagement and am just happy with the reduced pull weight and my being able to more accurately hit what I'm shooting at. Thanks again for your email response.

Jerry