PDA

View Full Version : New forum thought

JimDiver
November 25, 2001, 02:50 PM
It seems there are a number of instructors here on the board. I think an intructor forum would be nice for those of us who pass on the love of shooting to others. Some place we can kick around instruction techniques, lesson plan ideas, announcements for classes open to the public, etc.

Thoughts? Flames? Nits?

stevetuna
November 25, 2001, 03:43 PM
For what it's worth, I'd second Jim's motion from a different viewpoint. I'm fortunate to have a brother-in-law who is well versed in shooting but it would be great to have an instructor's forum to check in with. I don't want to unlearn a lot of bad habits! I know that such a forum would not be a substitute for attending a session with a NRA - qualified instructor. It would, however, allow a place for newbie questions that might get my rookie butt lit up in other rooms! Thanks.

Fred Hansen
November 25, 2001, 04:29 PM
If the cost wouldn't be prohibitive, I would like it. I would like to see it cover N.R.A. and Hunter Ed. instructors. I do both.:)

Rich Lucibella
November 25, 2001, 09:55 PM
Cost isn't an issue. Practicality is. What defines an "Instructor"? NRA Certificate? "Accredidation" at one of a list of shooting schools?

What's the purpose of the Forum, that wouldn't be served by one of the other Forums already here? To provide a place where student and pro can come together? To provide a private place where "Instructors" can communicate.

I know I usually shoot these ideas down. Believe me, it's not because I feel we've covered all the bases....we're still learning. However, where the author stops at the "idea" stage, Staff has to move the idea thru the "operational" phase. So, operationalize the idea:
- What's the objective?
- What are the rules?
- What time and Staff resources would be required?
Rich

JimDiver
November 26, 2001, 02:27 AM
Let me kick this around with a few friends and get back to ya. I see your point the objectives and I sure don't want to make a 5th wheel.