PDA

View Full Version : Price Check Rem. Police Models

Al in Md.
November 16, 2001, 12:32 PM
I am going to a gun show and need price check on 870 police shotguns. Saw an 870 police in a gun shop for about $430. This was w/ wood stocks. Bead Sight, no Mag. ext. I would also like to know what a police 1187 would go for. Thanks in advance! Al in Md.

Dave McC
November 16, 2001, 01:04 PM
Since you're a fellow MD-er, Al, last time I was in Valley Gun shop up on Harford Rd, they had some beater police turnins for $220. A better deal than has been going on at gun shows,I'll wager.

Turnins are almost always rough looking, but near new inside. A couple of mine started out as Police or Correctional weapons.

The number's 410-668-2171, IIRC...

Kobra
November 16, 2001, 01:06 PM
I saw a 11-87 Police with ghost rings and ext tube for $630 new in a store a month ago. I am going back tomorrow so I will double check the price I am quoting here.

Al in Md.
November 16, 2001, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the Tip Dave, but I would rather spring for a new one. I also like the wood stocks as this will be a home defense Item with an occasional trip to the Range. Would prefer the mag. ext. but I coud add it later. This may be a minor point but if I ever had to use it for H/D I wouldn't want a prosecuter waving a Rambo/Comando special around in front of a jury with a bunch of evil looking accessorys hanging on it. The more it looks like Granpas Duck gun the better. After all I do reside in the Anti-gun Peoples Republick of Maryland. I would also add Trit. sights and a but cuff shellholder. I am pretty new to shotguns and have lurked and learned much from this site. thanks, Al.

lunde
November 16, 2001, 01:55 PM
There is one like this being sold on GunBroker for $325. See: http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=2471595

Boris49
November 16, 2001, 04:27 PM
A new police 870 is going for less than 400 on www.firinglineinc.com

Dave McC
November 16, 2001, 05:11 PM
Good point, Al. Since my HD tool doubles as a deer gun, I'm a little closer to Kosher.

Good luck, and if you ever get to AGC or PGC, ask for me...

jumpcut
November 17, 2001, 11:11 AM
Al, check out Dicks Sporting Goods in Columbia. I picked up an 870 with an 18" barrel plus the mag ext. for $269 (NIB)

Coop de Ville
November 25, 2001, 02:44 PM
kyimports.com has them for $320 NIB.

Question: I assume these are the same?

Description says 20" blue barrel, wood stock, bead front, Police Magnum... standard tube (short).

I just sold my 870PM and want it back :(

I am thinking of getting one of these. Any info on whether ALL Police Mags are the same, at least in quality?

Thanks,

Coop

Dfariswheel
November 26, 2001, 02:58 AM
All the police Mags I've seen have been the same quality....high.
Take a look at: www.remingtonle.com

Rem's web sight shows all the models available. With one or two exceptions, all 870P's are now parkerized, IC bore. All wood stocks are now honest-to-god Walnut, not the Pisswood formerly used. Also NO LOCK in the safety.

As I recall, only one model, a wood stock one, has a blued finish. This is a real blue (black) finish, not the powder coat of the Express models.

Depending on the stock material, and what options you want, a genuine Rem Police model will run in the $400.00 range.

As a watchout: no matter what a gunshop counter cowboy says, ALL new 870P Police guns are stamped "870 Police Magnum" on the left side of the receiver. (Recently saw one trying to tell a customer that a Rem 870 HD Express was the "Same gun the police use in their cars").

fireals
November 26, 2001, 03:32 PM
Picked up an 870 18" cylinder bore, +2 mag extension w/ black synthetic stocks at the gun show in Richmond a month or so ago for $274.