PDA

View Full Version : Rankings higher than Senior Member?

El Rojo
November 6, 2001, 09:27 PM
Could we make a ranking higher than Senior Member? Once I am a senior member, where is my incentive to post more? Why not have "TFL addict" or "Gun Guru"? Just a suggestion. After all I am nearing my 1000 post mark before too long and I would like an upgrade! Thanks.

TheBluesMan
November 6, 2001, 10:52 PM
A famous crocodile hunter once said this... Can you guess who it was?
We are not so Class Conscious as to need more than [three] Member categories.

There are certain qualities that are more important than sheer quantity of posts. Members who are helpful, articulate and thoughtful are among the most valued on The Firing Line. There are a few "junior members" on TFL whose words I respect more than some with thousands of posts.

Anyone can post a lot, but only a few can post well. :)

Feel free to search the SQ&F forum with the keywords "member" and "status" for more conversation on this topic.

Hope this helps! :)

El Rojo
November 7, 2001, 12:00 AM
Maybe make a ranking system? That might be fun. Or it might be a big waste of time. Just playing around with ideas here.

dZ
November 7, 2001, 12:44 AM
hereyago:
http://thefiringline.com/forums/memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters&perpage=25

C.R.Sam
November 7, 2001, 03:26 PM
Higher rankings are already in place. There are four levels. From lowest to highest......
Junior
Senior
Administrater
Owner

Sam

Caeca Invidia Es
November 7, 2001, 07:20 PM
Geez, where do I fit in?

El Rojo
November 7, 2001, 10:37 PM
Caeca Invidia Es posts that and what do you expect? I want my own title now! How about..."Red headed crack shot." or "Red headed crack pot."

TheBluesMan
November 7, 2001, 10:47 PM
How about Shot Ded Crack Head... ;)

I've been to boards where each member has their own "title." While it is certainly fun at first, it tends to be distracting after a while. It also means a lot more work for the staff; and with a membership nearing 12,000 here on TFL... UGH! I don't even want to think about it. :eek:

El Rojo
November 8, 2001, 04:20 AM
Amazing, I didn't know we had nearly 12,000 members. How great is that? I think if it isn't broke, lets not try to fix it. I think all of this would probably just get distracting from the real purpose. I am sure you moderators and such already figured it out, but I had to poke around.

Mike Irwin
November 8, 2001, 06:05 PM
I think senior member is just fine.

If anyone really wanted to give me an appropriate title, it would probably be Message Whore for the sheer number I've dumped on here in less than 2 years...

But hey, at least 3 of them have been directly related to firearms. :)