PDA

View Full Version : Verona Shotguns

cjviper
October 8, 2001, 08:26 PM
Can anybody tell me anything about these shotguns. I've searched the web and only found a little info on the o/u verona's. I recently saw a verona 12ga semi auto and was very impessed. It'll take 2 1/2 or 3 inch shells, has a bypass to allow changing of shells in the chamber. This one was black with black synthetic stocks, chrome lined barrel, and four choke tubes. The paperwork also says it'll take any standard american style choke tubes (so I imagine that mossberg etc., will work). And it was pretty damn light weight too! All in all a pretty darned nice shotgun, but I don't know who's making them. Any info would be great, please.

spike

Dave McC
October 9, 2001, 06:23 AM
Some Veronas are made in Italy, some Turkey and possibly elsewhere. IOW, warranty and parts may be hard to obtain in the shifting of international politics and trade.

All US chokes are proprietary, and most do not interchange outside of make.

My best guess is that this will do for light duty/occasional shooting, but may not hold up under heavy use.

A used 1100/11-97 will probably run less than this does new, and will last indefinitely. That may be the better bargain....

Gary H
October 12, 2001, 10:45 AM
I don't know about the semi, but their O/U's are well made for the price. Typical approach of low price, hoping to break into the market. I own a Fabarm, which is also trying to break into the market, but has an H&K lifetime warranty.