PDA

View Full Version : Hey!!!!

Viperbl1
October 6, 2001, 04:14 PM
Well, I broke down and did it!! I went to the store, and bought a brand new Benelli Nova! I couldn't stand waiting for a used one! 3 Choke tubes, 26 inch barrel, 359.00. Not too bad? Any suggestions or recommendations before I go to the trap range tomorrow? :)

CW

Dave McC
October 7, 2001, 11:29 AM
Congrats on the new toy.

How adjustable is that stock? Use one of the old threads in the archives on fit to figure out how well you and that Nova fit each other. Adjust any major changes needed and check against the patterning board. Do this before your first shot at a clay.

hksigwalther
October 7, 2001, 05:19 PM
Dave,

The NOVA is essentially non-adjustable being the stock and receiver is 'one piece'. (The plastic that forms the receiver/stock actually encases a metal frame during the injection molding process but externally is a single piece.) There are no adjustments/adjustable add-on parts available out of the box or off the shelf at this time for the NOVA. To change the pitch, cast, camber, length of the stock would require surgery with a saw and some adhesives (thereby compromising the stocks integrity/strength). Not sure if Benelli offers different shaped/length buttpads. Certainly a shortcoming as compared to regular pumps but it should fit most people OK as is.

Dave McC
October 8, 2001, 05:57 AM
(Smacking self on forehead)...

That's right, must have had a senior moment.

Stock fit is critical, and a stock less easily adjusted is a step in the wrong direction. The good news is that lots of folks fit into the standard sized stock because they're standard sized people.

I find the concept of the Nova interesting. I'd be interested in seeing a semi auto built along these lines, receiver and forend in one piece, with a separate and interchangeable stock.