PDA

View Full Version : Nitpicking...probably calling Geoff...Beretta 391 Parallel Target vs. Trap

SpazzTrap
September 29, 2001, 12:31 AM
These two guns seem to be identical except that the Parallel Target has the Monte Carlo Stock. The stock on the PT seems to have a slightly higher comb than the Trap model which, had it NOT been called a "regular" stock by Beretta, I would have called it a Monte Carlo...

Has anyone had experience with these models? I shot two rounds with a Trap model (30" bbl) the other night and loved it. It belonged to a young woman who had had an adjustable comb fitted in, so it's current adjustment wasn't quite what fit me, but I hit 22 nonetheless, and was happy with how the gun pointed in general.

Attached is a pic that compares the two, from Beretta's website:

thanks,

Kevin

K80Geoff
September 29, 2001, 02:10 PM
I have not shot the 391 in any configuration yet. As to the difference in stocks the trap model is designed for shooting Pre Mounted. The PT appears to be geared more towards games where low mount is required.

The PT has a straighter top of the comb, whereas on the Trap the top of the comb drops off from front to rear.

Try both and go with whatever feels best. It might be a good idea to have a gunfitting session with a pro to help you find the proper dimensions.

The technoid likes the straight type of stock for Sporting Clays. Many custom stockmakers recommend this type of stock.

Great thing about Beretta is that if you don't like the stock you can buy another.

Geoff Ross