PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania TFL shoot October 28th?

Jamie Young
September 17, 2001, 05:36 PM
Chime in so I can get a head count. As long as Dead and K80Geoff can show up I don't care about the rest of you. JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!!! Pennsylvania TFL shoot at www.waterandwings.com . Its only a 100-400yd range right now but its better than any other rifle range in PA.

Don't forget we're meeting on Sunday the 30th at the Fort Washington Gunshow!!

There should be tons of Goodies at this shoot SOMEBODY IS GOING TO BRING A 50BMG!! YAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Dead
September 17, 2001, 05:48 PM
The date is OCT 28th!!!!!!!

Not the 30th, as the is during the week.

All are welcome! :)

Dead
September 18, 2001, 09:59 AM
I should have voted for "You need to ask your wife first"

David Park
September 18, 2001, 11:34 AM
That's a little too far in the future for me to say for certain, but I can probably make it on the 28th. I do need to buy ammo first. :D

darogue1
September 19, 2001, 12:35 PM
Available for your shooting convience:cool: :cool: I can make it on sunday! Will be buying ammo prior though. Hope that it gets here before then. DAROGUE1

dinosaur
September 19, 2001, 03:55 PM
Too soon to tell.

K80Geoff
September 23, 2001, 06:49 AM
BTT

Jamie Young
September 23, 2001, 10:42 AM
What are the show hours for this Weekend? Last time I went on a Sunday they closed at like 2pm.

OK WHO HAS TO ASK THEIR WIFE ?:rolleyes:

Dead
September 23, 2001, 01:52 PM
I still have to ask the wife if I can go :rolleyes:

I plan on being at the show as early as possible. Will have to see what the plan is later today.

David Park
September 23, 2001, 09:07 PM
I went to a gun show this weekend and bought some ammo, and a shotgun. :) Assuming it shoots, I'm ready to bust some clays.

I think I'll have a rifle by then too. :D

Marcus
September 23, 2001, 09:08 PM
I`ll be at the show too. I try to get ther about an hour after it opens so I don`t have to wait in line forever. One year I waited for half an hour outside in the cold and rain,that sucked. I`ll admit it, I`m the one who said I had to ask my wife. Just a courtesy thing,I haven`t stayed happily married for 10 years by jerkin her around. :D The 28th is fine with me (and her,heh heh ;) ). Marcus

Jamie Young
September 23, 2001, 09:57 PM
Dinosaur- How's that M1A doing? Have you taken it to the range yet?

dinosaur
September 24, 2001, 05:02 AM
Mostly at 100 yds as the Aimpoint isn`t magnified. Shoots real well.

I was at Harrisburg yesterday. No surplus .308 to speak of. I picked up 3 20 round and 2 30 round new mil spec mags for the AR 15 for $90. Lots of AR`s and M1A`s for sale but no bargains. It wasn`t very crowded either.

I have to call Holiday Inn and see if they have rooms available for next week.

Jamie Young
September 24, 2001, 09:41 AM
Makes sure you post your Room # so we all know where to go for the "AFTER GUNSHOW PARTY".

Dead
September 24, 2001, 11:15 AM
I am out for the after show party. I am going up to East Greenville, maybe even to W&W, for a round of sporting clays :)

dinosaur
September 24, 2001, 07:24 PM
They have a block of rooms they`re discounting for the show.

9mmMike
September 27, 2001, 11:04 AM
So far, the 28th looks good. I will be working the 27th and if all goes well, the 28th is a free day for me. If I come up, it will be with two friends with a couple FAL's, a 30/30 Marlin, a shotgun or two.

BTW, what time do the doors open at the Ft. Washington show this weekend? I gonna go on Saturday for sure.

Dead
September 27, 2001, 03:56 PM
Someone said the show for this weekend was CANCELED!!! :mad:

Dino, Soda

If you have a number for the show, call and confirm if it is going ot happen or not. Either way, I am going to be out there Sunday. If there is NO show then I will just be at W&W eariler. :)

Found the Number....

Fort Washington Pennsylvania: Mid Atlantic Arms Collectors - Fort Washington Expo Center - Sept 29-30 2001 570-679-2250

Will call when I get home tomorrow. (ugh)

dinosaur
September 27, 2001, 04:02 PM
:(

Jamie Young
September 27, 2001, 04:11 PM
I wonder if they were forced to do this. This sucks!!!!!!!!! Well I'm going to pick up some of that Russian 223 stuff and see how good it is in my Mini 14 this sunday. Anyone that wants to go to W&W I'll see you there. Ugh I need Hirtenburger bad!!!!!!!!

9mmMike
September 27, 2001, 08:54 PM
No show? That's a crummy deal! Oh well, it's off to the free State park range for a little handtrap I guess. Rats.
Mike

dinosaur
September 28, 2001, 05:57 PM
to W&W Sunday. I got a cold and can hardly talk. I got some Russkie .223 I want to get rid of. You want it?

K80Geoff
September 28, 2001, 06:54 PM
Well I might have considered showing up. But this sunday is the local "Right to Carry " conference here on LI and I just have to go.

Still need some 10mm for the shoot. Anyone know of any bargains:D

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
September 28, 2001, 11:56 PM
Sure Dino how much do you have? I just want to try that stuff out and see how good it is for my Mini 14. If its not all that bad I'm going to buy a ton of it. If its not that good I'm going to get a Dillon 550B and start reloading .223. Nobody has any good deals on .223 anywhere. AimSurplus and Ammo Man just have the Russian stuff and the Match stuff. Has anyone tried any Greek NATO 9MM?

Geoff- I don't remember you bringing a 10mm to any of the shoots? When did you get a 10mm? You recently got a 9mm gun right?

Jamie Young
September 29, 2001, 12:25 AM
There is another Gunshow in the area on the 13th and 14th. ITs one of those Appalachian Promotions shows but this one is pretty big. Its about 800 tables. I'm going to go and see if the *******s that sold me the Chilean .308 are there.

Jamie Young
September 29, 2001, 03:46 AM
You know it just dawned on me.............

The Reason the Gunshow has been post poned is because EVERYONE is SOLD OUT of ammo. Nobody has ammo to bring to these shows. Just about every online Ammo place is sold out of .223,.308 and 7.62x39. Even AmmoMan.com hardly has anything.

dinosaur
September 29, 2001, 06:16 AM
It looks like Wolf. I just got 2 hi caps for my Browning BDM which I need to test plus some new mags for the Hi Power I picked up the other day.

I think W&W will be crowded since it`s getting close to hunting season. What time will you be there?

I need to check where that show on the 6th & 7th is. I`m getting annoyed at these cancellations.

David Park
September 29, 2001, 10:57 AM
Soda, I bought a case of the Greek "Olympic" 9mm at the last gunshow. I fired off a box and it works fine. I actually like it a little better than the Win white box that I usually use for practice.

Oh, and I'll definitely be bringing a rifle. Between Soda, 9mmMike and friends, and me, this meet might turn into a FAL fest. :D

Jamie Young
September 29, 2001, 11:07 AM
Why don't we all just get together at my place and everyone bring everything you don't need and we'll have our own gunshow?

David Park- YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

K80Geoff
September 29, 2001, 11:33 AM
Well I had my 10mm at the last meet, but didn't have any ammo for it. It is the 1911 I showed you. If I can find some reasonable ammo for it I will bring it to the next meet.

Looks like I will have to bite the bullet (pun :p ) and buy from Ammoman. CCI blazer appears to be the cheapest. Anybody shot any lately, Marcus?:)

This sunday I will be sitting in a hotel conference room ranting about the lack of right to carry here in NY. At least LaPierre and John Lott are supposed to show up.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
September 29, 2001, 11:57 AM
I do remember you bringing out. Blazers? Blazers? I haven't shot Blazers out of anything in about 10yrs:eek:

Dino- About 11am

Dead
September 29, 2001, 04:03 PM
Ugh it looks like I am out for W&W this weekend. :(

I will be out there for the 28th though, unless there is 5 ft of snow on the ground. ;)

K80, why not roll your own 10mm??? Wouldnt that be cheaper?

Hmm anyone know a place to get 44mag at a good price?

Jamie Young
September 29, 2001, 09:13 PM
Well I'm still going up for the day. I'm going to be shooting my Beretta and my Taurus .38 Special. I ORDERED A DILLON 550B today!!!!!:) Once I get the .223 down I'll get the conversion for .45acp and never have to worry about these Gunshows for ammo. Anyone want to buy a Russian SKS and accessories plus 1000rds of ammo? I might trade it in for another Mini 14.

K80Geoff
September 29, 2001, 11:45 PM
Need expended brass first:D

Guess that rules out Blazer ammo as it is aluminum and not reloadable. Only other alternative is federal with lead bulllets:rolleyes:

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
September 30, 2001, 02:49 PM
Well I went up all by myself:( But I still had fun:) I shot about 150rds out of My 9mm and 100rds out of my .38 Special. My hands were black from the .38.

I put a Death Notice up at WW for anyone that tries to plan anything on the 28th. We're on for the 28th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I'll plan on bringing the Hot Chocolate and Coffee It might be cold:eek:

So what are you guys going to be for Halloween?

dinosaur
September 30, 2001, 06:43 PM
the 2 BDM 15 round mags I got. The wind was going right through me. I wound up losing my voice for awhile.

Dead
September 30, 2001, 06:52 PM
SodaPop,

Yeah I think it will be COLD on the 28th, but that just makes it more fun! Have to wear a parka or something like. Maybe even pull your van up to the line, and blast the heat :rolleyes:

I wouldnt even mind having light snow to shoot sportin clays in! That would be sweeeeeett :)

Jamie Young
September 30, 2001, 06:56 PM
I absolutely love shooting in the snow. Sometimes My imagination runs wild and I pretend I'm a 10yr old kid again fighting Storm Troopers and "Imperial Walkers On The North Ridge" "Imperial Walkers On THe North Ridge". :D

K80Geoff
September 30, 2001, 08:21 PM
I love the fall, cool weather, frost on the ground in the morning, leaves turning. Those old hunting urges start to stir.

Drag out the old duck blind heater and mittens.

cmon' It wont be that cold. Weather will be just right. Range will be empty.

Take two aleve and I'll be good for the day:D

So what are we going to shoot?

Can't wait for the next installment of the Soda Pop FAL soap opera.

Geoff

Jamie Young
September 30, 2001, 10:14 PM
I just got back from W & W again for the second time today. I think I dropped my one and only 20rd PMI mag when I loaded up my van. I drove back at 9pm to see if it was in the parking lot. I'll call tomorrow to see if anyone found it and turned it in. I left there at about 2:30 and hardly anyone was there. Had to have been an employee or the one and only guy at the pistol range that picked it up.

K80Geoff
September 30, 2001, 11:59 PM
Kiss that mag goodbye!

Reminds me of the time I left my choke tube case with 3 Krieghoff screw chokes in it at the range:mad:

I hope the creep who kept them has a blockage in his barrel next time he shoots.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 1, 2001, 12:04 AM
Does Anyone know where to find Mini 14 Mags? I only want the Precision Mags (PMI) I don't even have a clue where to go.

Dead
October 1, 2001, 06:52 AM
SodaPop,

Atleast it was only a mag. Imagine if you somehow left your Mini there :rolleyes:

About the worse I have ever done, was to leave some AK mags upstate once ALONG time ago. That is when those mags were only like 2-3bucks each though, and could be had by the case! The only thing I did was buy more at the next show. :)

Jamie Young
October 1, 2001, 04:07 PM
I talked to one of the people that always has a booth at the Fort Washington Gunshow and she said "THE FBI TOLD THEM" they couldn't have the Gunshow last weekend. Its understandable but unfortunate for us:rolleyes:

Dead
October 1, 2001, 05:49 PM
WHAT??? I WANT MY DAMN AMMO!!!!!! :mad:

Jamie Young
October 1, 2001, 09:31 PM
I'm pretty good friends with one of the guys that is an Ammo Dealer at the Appalachian Gunshows. If you guys need anythign let me know and I can pick it up and bring it to the shoot. I don't know about 10mm though.

dinosaur
October 2, 2001, 04:50 AM
There`s also one in Hamburg this weekend.

Jamie Young
October 2, 2001, 05:48 PM
I would call Appalachian Promtions to get updates. Its on the 13th and 14th of October so who knows whats going to happen between now and then.

K80Geoff
October 2, 2001, 08:02 PM
You guys and all your gun shows. :mad:

Geoff Ross

Dead
October 3, 2001, 06:52 AM
K80Geoff,
You and your K80...... :p

Yeah we need more shows around these parts in the greater (read lesser) metro area.

Jamie Young
October 3, 2001, 06:31 PM
Geoff,

When are you moving to PA and buying that Big Farm house with all the Property so we can shoot up cars and buses during our TFL Woodstock Shoots?

jthuang
October 4, 2001, 08:04 AM
Hey Soda,

Funny you should ask about shooting cars and the like on private property. The ak-47.net northeastern Pennsylvania shoot is this Sunday, and there will be another car for us to pepper with lead. If you haven't signed up already, check out the meetings forums at ar15.com or ak-47.net. The shoot is in Susquehanna, PA -- "admission" is 20 rounds of ammo, you just have to sign up with the property owner via e-mail ahead of time!

Pics from the last shoot:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1024860&a=12990776&f=0&sp=1&showall=true

Justin

Dead
October 4, 2001, 02:54 PM
WOW!! I was wondering about when this was going to happen.. I neen to sign up for one of those boards. :)

Soda,

YOu down?

Jamie Young
October 4, 2001, 05:50 PM
I was going to ask you when the next one was. Keep us posted about stuff like that Justin!!!!!! My family is having a big party on Sunday and I can't make it.

Dead
October 4, 2001, 07:24 PM
SodaPop,

See if you can bring them along!!!! I will most likely go if I can get an invite. I just emailed ROOT! :)

K80Geoff
October 4, 2001, 09:03 PM
Damn!!!

Just today I laid on some work for Sunday. Figured it was a good time as I had nothing going on. I really must lurk more on AR15.com!

Soda. I am not going to get a big farm house, but I will get the land sometime soon:D

I will probably put up a yurt or something wierd to live in, run solar panels and wind generators and have a big fireplace. Been reading "Backwoods Home Mag" too much lately:D

Geoff the survivalist:rolleyes:

Jamie Young
October 4, 2001, 09:40 PM
I'm seriously thinking about buying some land way upstate PA and putting in one of those Dome Homes.

dinosaur
October 5, 2001, 04:54 AM
You`ll also need a mountain as a backstop for the .50.:D

Dead
October 5, 2001, 03:47 PM
K80Geoff,

Just grow a beard, and carry your AR everywhere with you, while walking around your land. :p Oh yeah and you have to learn to love eating bugs, snakes, and other small animals

Well I got an invite to the ROOT Shoot, so I will be there Sunday
Now the only question is what to bring? I dont think my .177 RWS Pellet gun will cut it, might need to go buy a real firearm tonight. :D

SodaPop,
You should leave that party early and come out! :rolleyes:

9mmMike
October 5, 2001, 06:45 PM
Anyone going to W&W on Sunday afternoon? I am working until 14:00 but I'd like to pattern my 870 and I've never done that before.
I was hoping to find a volunteer to show me the ropes.
If not this weekend, perhaps next. I think I'll be around next Saturday in the morning but not Saturday afternoon (late). Sunday will be another work until 14:00 deal.
No concrete plans yet.....
Thanks,
Mike

K80Geoff
October 6, 2001, 12:27 AM
I don't eat bugs, I kill them:) And I have an understanding with snakes, they do their thing, I do mine. (They do NOT taste like chicken!)

Small animals I can do.

I just might start raising Pheasants or some other cool birds (Chukars?)

I really want to live in something unique like a log cabin or earth home. No trailer trash please.

Gotta have lots of land with no neighbors to complain about my 5 stand course. (Dream on!)

If you go, we want pictures of the Root shoot. Too bad I can't get you a Hillary sticker to put on the car:D

Wonder of the SAR 2 will do any damage to the car, and not to the shooter next to you!

Geoff

K80Geoff
October 6, 2001, 12:29 AM
9mm Mike, if you come to the Oct 28th shoot, I will be patterning my 20GA on the pattern board. You are welcome to join me.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 6, 2001, 12:55 AM
Dead,
Bring me back a piece of the car will ya?????????Last time they put U.N. markings on it. I wonder what they'll do this year?

Dead
October 6, 2001, 06:26 AM
Maybe I will break out the video camera. Well the weather right now is going south here in NYC. However out there it should be sweeeeeeet tomorrow :)

I will have two digital camera's there tomorrow, so lots of pictures.... unless we shoot the whole time :rolleyes:

K80,

I think you are right about the SAR, I will need to be far right.

ROOT is really nice for hosting this event.

K80Geoff
October 6, 2001, 10:52 AM
Damn!!!

Can't believe I am going to miss this shoot:mad: :barf:

Oh well... next time.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 6, 2001, 12:51 PM
I could have gotten 100yds of fuse and lit it with a cigar:(

jthuang
October 8, 2001, 12:09 PM
I got there late, so I missed most of the initial fireworks (got pulled over for speeding). It was a great time, looking forward to the next one.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1024860&a=13844682&f=

Justin

Jamie Young
October 8, 2001, 08:14 PM
I ABSOLUTELY HATE YOU!!!!:mad: I can't believe the first Picture I clicked on was a guy was a FAL shooting up a car:( WHY COULDN'T IT BE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K80Geoff
October 8, 2001, 10:29 PM
OK Where is Dead???

Jamie Young
October 8, 2001, 10:49 PM
WHAT HAPPENED TO DEAD?????????? Did he make it back?

Dead
October 9, 2001, 05:52 AM
I didnt make it there :(

Something came up :mad:

jthuang
October 9, 2001, 08:40 AM
Next one is in May 2002. Watch the meetings forums on ak-47.net and ar15.com for news.

There were a few FALs there, all of them very nice. The one Gary (the guy with the Blackhawk tactical vest) was using is a DSA gun built and refinished in Metacol III by Arizona Response Systems. That is one sweet gun. Now that I think about it, every FAL I saw there was either a DSA gun or built on a DSA receiver.

The API ammo from the .50 BMG guns was quite impressive. Each time one would hit the car you would see a flash of light. I think one of the car pictures caught this effect.

I estimated that I ran through about 500 rounds of Barnaul 7.62x39mm out of my MAK 90. Heated up the barrel to the extent it melted the nylon on the back of my TNF Mountain Guide jacket :mad: (you can see this in the pic of me prone with the Barrett rifle).

Okay, who's going to the IPSC 3 gun match at York this Saturday?

Justin

darogue1
October 9, 2001, 01:14 PM
and how much ammo? What would be good. Can we start a wish list or a list of some types? How much ammo so that I can share with you all? I know that it is a bit over two weeks but I'm anxious. As long as it does not snow:eek: Been cold around here lately!! Later DAROGUE1

David Park
October 9, 2001, 02:08 PM
Here's what I'm bringing:

DSA StG-58 (FAL) - not much ammo on hand, but I'll fix that
Mossberg 500, lots of 7 1/2 shot and some 00 tac buck
Sig P239 9mm, plenty of FMJ
several boxes of .45ACP, assuming someone else has a .45

darogue1
October 9, 2001, 02:24 PM
IAI M1 carbine

AR15

MINI-14

.45 M1911

Bulgarian Makarov

kel-Tec p32

Dave guess we could use the 45 ammo also would like to shoot that P239 sig was looking at one of those! DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
October 9, 2001, 04:42 PM
DSA STG58
Mini 14
SKS
Model 70
Beretta 92FS
Colt 1991A1

I think thats the same Gary that came out to our TFL shoot a few months ago. He brought a bunch of FAL's that time but couldn't stay long.

I got my Dillon 550 today so its going to be a blast fest with my Mini 14:D

How good are you guys at building Snow Men?

We wouldn't need to set up targets if we all built Snow Men and gunned them down:)

Dead
October 9, 2001, 05:55 PM
I could bring a 22LR Rifle, single shot :rolleyes:

Hopefully I can actually make it to this one :)

Whoa, this TFL shoot is going to come up quick. I am going out West on Friday, and will not be back till Oct 26th YAY!!! Just in time to hit the meet. If I am really lucky, I might have a real gun to bring with me :rolleyes:

No more super-soakers/pellet guns for Dead LOL. Would be nice if there is some lite snow falling while this shoot is taking place.... Would make the drive home kinda crappy though.

Jamie Young
October 11, 2001, 04:02 PM
Gunshow this weekend for any of you that care. Check out www.AppalachianPromotions.com for directions. Its the one near me in Chester County.

9mmMike
October 11, 2001, 04:22 PM
I just found out about this yesterday myself. The promotor said it will be "as big as the Spring event", whatever that means. They advertise it as 800 tables.
I'll be there Saturday with a couple buds.
See ya,
Mike

Dead
October 13, 2001, 09:09 AM
I know I am out for this, even though my trip got postponed last second! :mad:

9mmMike
October 13, 2001, 01:39 PM
Well, I went to the show. It was fair at best.
The good news is that the Valley Forge show is coming back! I spoke to a guy at this show (the dude who sits up real high and wears the funky hat) and he told me that the VF show will be back in December with a different promoter.
This show was/is very close to my abode and was always big. Very cool. With Ft. Washington next month and VF after that, it looks like a great way to end the year.
Mike

darogue1
October 13, 2001, 02:02 PM
I hope so!?! It always rocked. The xmas show was the best!! I heard that the reason it was cancled was one of two things. A) the promoter was shifty. 2) The hotel was anti-gun. I will go there again. Will be waiting to hear more!:D :D DAROGUE1

K80Geoff
October 13, 2001, 02:41 PM
With all this jabbering about gun shows. The shoot on the 28th is still on isn't it?

I hope so, I just laid in some 10mm and cheap .45.

What are we going to shoot this time, seems I always bring the wrong guns:(

Geoff Ross

K80Geoff
October 13, 2001, 02:56 PM
With all this jabbering about gun shows. The shoot on the 28th is still on isn't it?

I hope so, I just laid in some 10mm and cheap .45.

What are we going to shoot this time, seems I always bring the wrong guns:(

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 13, 2001, 05:21 PM
The Shoot is still on. We can't let Dead have a big ego and cancel this thing just because he's not man enought quit his job and go:p

Geoff just bring all your guns.

Darogue- Your absolutely correct about the Hotel being Anti-Gun. My Dad does some of the conventions there for non Gun related stuff and People at the Sheraton Bitched about the Lunatics with the Guns:rolleyes: I went to one of the last ones they had and absolutely miss it:(

The Gunshow was pretty good today. I finally got some Hirtenburger but it didn't work any better in my FAL. Geoff Check out the Rifle Forum for the Next Installment of my FAL Saga. The gun works but at a slightly lower setting than most other FALs.

Dead
October 13, 2001, 08:54 PM
SodaPop, HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA :D

I was thinking about taking a job in Collegeville for the company I currently work with. :)

I already put in the request for transfer, now I have to wait and see if I get what I need, and want. :eek:

Geoff,

Yeah bring all your guns, and sell the house.. Move to PA, you will love yourself for it!

sniper@1000yrds
October 13, 2001, 09:45 PM
my package:

rock-ola m1 carbine

colt 6601 post-ban

bush. carbine ar-15 post-ban9cool little weapon)

7mm rem mag.(wish the 500 yrds was up)

couple sigs,two 45acp, and a 9 mm.

and maybe a 308 fal.????????????

Jamie Young
October 13, 2001, 09:49 PM
My Goal for the shoot is to learn how to hit something with Iron sights on an AR and try out an M1 Carbine.

Collegeville is 10minutes from me Dead:cool:

darogue1
October 14, 2001, 06:12 AM
Collegeville used to be like 10 minutes from where I used to live too! It is a nice area. Yes come to PA! Looks like ther will be a bunch of M1 carbines and AR's at the shoot. It's only two weeks from today:cool: ! What time does it kick off? Do I sleep in or is it going to be another long day:p. By the way welcome sniper! Where do you hail from in PA? This may turn out to be a big get together. Any count on the number of people yet. Holding out for good weather.......DAROGUE1

9mmMike
October 14, 2001, 09:46 AM
"jabbering"? - :confused:

Collegeville is a stone's throw from me. Nice area.
So far, (still scheduled for a big to-do on Saturday), I will be at W&W along with two FAL-toting buddies.

Jabbering, well I never!

Mike

Jamie Young
October 14, 2001, 10:33 AM
Well we have 9 people that gave a positive answer to this Poll. Plus Me:D

I talked to a few other guys yesterday and I told them to sign up here at TFL and to come out on the 28th so hopefully they will. I also have that guy Matt that has the 50BMG that said he was going to come out.

I will be there at 9am on the dot to make sure we get exactly what we want and Nobody else claims anything.

Dinosaur are you still in?

K80Geoff
October 14, 2001, 02:09 PM
The way things are going today you young studs had better learn to shoot an AR with iron sights:D.

I can't bring everything Soda, I would have every BATF goon and FBI agent following me through New Joisey!

Decisions, Decisions:rolleyes:

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 14, 2001, 02:44 PM
I was thinking about posting something in the General Discussion Forum about how out of touch I am with the US Military. I know how to shoot every gun out there except the AR/M16 rifle. And I have only shot an M1A once. I guess They would send me into the Indian or Russian Military.

Dead
October 14, 2001, 03:34 PM
K80Geoff,

Just dont rent a Ryder truck to bring all your gear :p

Maybe a nice 18wheeler will work for you????

I dunno what I can get my hands on for this, but I will be there. I know one possibly two of my friend's will come out for this. Will have to wait and see.

SodaPop,
You should join the Russian Military :p

You got enough trigger time with AK's SKS's, Mosin Nagat's.

Jamie Young
October 14, 2001, 03:39 PM
Osama Might Capture me and make me a Gunsmith for his buddies. I'd have to sabatage all of their AK's and glue all the parts together.

Or I'll sneak some Chilean ammo into Aghanistan and then all there guns will blow up:D

Jamie Young
October 14, 2001, 03:43 PM
There's a rumor going around he's in Special Forces and hasn't been heard of since all this broke out. Ya think he's over there?

K80Geoff
October 15, 2001, 12:10 AM
Nope, he is probably a sky marshall riding on commercial airliners and harassing the stewardesses:D

Geoff Ross

K80Geoff
October 15, 2001, 12:14 AM
I guess I am going to have to give a class on the AR, by the numbers, military style.

Then everyone will forget what I said and learn to do it the right way:mad:

You guys better learn before the draft comes and you find your butt in BDU's.

Dinosaur and I will sit back here and cheer you on :D

Remember, don't stand in front of a camel, they spit nasty stuff all over you!

Geoff Ross

dinosaur
October 15, 2001, 03:32 AM
I`ve been considering it. :cool: Not really, I`ve had just about enough of flying.

I went shooting with the local P.D. yesterday. Better get to the range boys cause we`re in trouble. They were never the best but man were they bad. Even the Chief who cleaned my clock in a competition a couple of years ago did lousy. I had high score out of everyone this time.

As long as the weather`s good I should be there. Since I`m not into cleaning too many guns I`ll probably only bring my carry gun and my M1A. If you read Blackhawk Down, you guys heading for Afghanistan know the M16`s weren`t too good for sending the Skinnies to Paradise. The 308 seemed to do the job real good though.:D

darogue1
October 16, 2001, 06:58 AM
:cool: A course on the AR! Guess I better get her warmed up this week. Need to zero the 4x I bought for it. Ain't hitting jack with the scope. Do well with the iron sights though. I think that the Carbine will come along too. Anybody bringing handguns. I have a ACLS class the next day so I don't want to be up all night cleaning before the exam. I may also get questions about the Hoppes 9 or CLP "aftershave" during it!:p The question still remains though......HOW MUCH AMMO TO BRING!! Hope to hear from you guys soon. later.....DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
October 16, 2001, 04:36 PM
I think for rifles atleast 200rds for each caliber. It can take me 5hrs to shoot 50rds out of a Rifle. I'm weird like that:eek: I shoot slow and always have ammo left over for my Rifles. I'm always practicing something and taking my time with whatever gun I have. I usually plow threw Handgun ammo though.

Unlike Dead !!!!!!!!!!!! He loads up 30rds and the next thing you know its raining laquered Steel:p

My Dream rifle 6yrs ago was an AR. But then I joined TFL and George Hill scared me out 'em. I guess I'll get a free A2 when they Draft my Ass. Actually that won't happen. I'd join before I got drafted.

darogue1
October 17, 2001, 08:29 AM
I understand It USUALLY takes me about 2-3hrs to burn 100rds. Espically if I am trying to get a good group,zeroing a scope, ect. If I'm mad well that will go as fast as I can change mags:D I was looking at bring about 300 per rifle. That ought to do with everyone passing around firearms and such. Hope the weather is going to hold. I guess we will know by the middle of next week or so. Well gotta get going. Later DAROGUE1

sniper@1000yrds
October 17, 2001, 09:06 PM
darogue 1 i'm 10 mins. west of allentown. i'll get to ww around 9:30. just bought some pmp .223, and some 45 acp. see you all there.
sniper

:cool:

Dead
October 18, 2001, 07:23 AM
SodaPop,

And I still hit what I am aiming for :D You know if I had an NFA AK, I bet I would shoot less ammo :rolleyes:

Oh and ummm I only do that if K80Geoff is on my right. He loves that warm laquered steel shower feeling in the morning. :p

I think I will be in the area come Saturday?

darogue1
October 18, 2001, 08:58 AM
That laquer fresh feeling:D Okay sniper nice to know. I'm in the reading area. Where did you get the PMP ammo? I gonna bring surplus South African I think. Will bring American Eagle for the carbine. Yea dead wish I had a full auto toy to play with too. Talk to you all soon. DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
October 19, 2001, 10:51 PM
Does anyone have any Balloons they can bring? I'm going to bring some more of those Giant Carboard things again and shoot clays or balloons on them.

Bring your quarters so we can place bets;)

I'll bet $1.75 K80Geoff can hit a stray Deer at 300yds. But I'll only bet 75cents you can hit a couple kids at 600yds riding ATV's
Maybe less for the two woman I saw horseback riding at 500yds. They were moving faster.

K80Geoff
October 19, 2001, 11:16 PM
That range needs to post some signs before someone gets shot!

Deer and Turkeys are one thing, pedestrians another. Can't these people hear what is going on?

That would never happen in New York. The range would have been closed long ago after developers put houses right at the fence of the range and the people complained about the noise. ( Happened this month to the only Sporting Clays range on LI :mad: , K80 is not happy:mad: )

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 19, 2001, 11:29 PM
Didn't I tell you about that before? In August a bunch of kids were riding ATV's about 600yds down. They have the entire area posted and people still go back there. I think they should put mines out in the field. That way people get blown up for tresspassing and you can't blame guns.;)

dinosaur
October 20, 2001, 05:05 AM
There was a noise complaint from the new housing development. Yuppie housing projects.:rolleyes:

darogue1
October 20, 2001, 06:02 AM
I've got some balloons in my range bag some where. I'll bring them. Also have an update for you all. Just got my Shotgun news for November. In the back where they have gun show advertisements the King of Prussia show is listed!:) Dec 22 and 23 9-4 and 9-3 at The Convention Center next to the Radisson Hotel. E-mail:vfgunshow@cs.com Also Eastern National gun show @FT Washington PA 800+ tables Nov10&11. It is the MAAC show! It was rescheduled from sept 29-30. These have the possibility of being good! Thought you guys would like to know. Take care! DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
October 20, 2001, 09:25 AM
Good!! Most of the shows I've been to at other places STUNK!!

Dead
October 20, 2001, 02:21 PM
Dammit!!!! I am going to miss the FW Show!!!! :(

That Radison Hotel @ King Of Prussia is rather nice, especially when I didnt have to pay for the room. :)

ArmySon
October 20, 2001, 03:18 PM
SodaPop

You might want to change your signature ;)

I'd love to join you guys for the shoot but I'll be leaving for Korea on the evening of Monday, the 29th.

K80Geoff
October 20, 2001, 03:21 PM
I thought the local constabulary was there because of complaints of automatic fire.

Next it will be lead contamination. That is what closed the local SC range. The yuppies couldn't get them on noise so they found another way. They want the owner to spend big bucks to take care of a nonexisent problem. The bastards won again:mad:

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
October 20, 2001, 03:24 PM
ArmySon-What are you talking about;)

Why can't you make it Sunday? Just come out early Sunday and stick around long enough for the group picture session and cut out around 2pm.

dinosaur
October 20, 2001, 05:19 PM
happens every week in the warm weather. Since there`s no law against either, he just goes to cover himself in case someone says they don`t respond.

There was a gun dealer at the Allentown show from L.I. Lots of NY & NJ plates in the parking lot.

ArmySon
October 20, 2001, 06:12 PM
Considering I'm going to be in Korea for 11-13 months and away for 3 years total, I think I would rather spend Sunday with my family ;)

Jamie Young
October 21, 2001, 12:33 AM
Did you get called up?

Matrix
October 21, 2001, 02:32 PM
I'll be there.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Mikul
October 22, 2001, 02:53 PM
The Water and Wings link isn't working for me, could someone post an address?

Jamie Young
October 22, 2001, 08:19 PM
Its not working for me anymore either.

The address is 9173 Janes Lane, East Greenville PA,18041.

Its an extremely easy place to find
If you need any other directions email or PM me and I'll give you more.

The phone number is 215-679-6633 if you need to call them.