PDA

View Full Version : Any WebTV users out there?

Rich Lucibella
September 9, 2001, 01:02 PM
One of our Members has lost his ability to post at TFL. He's using WebTV and some knucklehead gave him instructions that we need to disable javascript....hell, I don't even know if we use javascript!

Replies are appreciated.
Rich

Caeca Invidia Es
September 9, 2001, 01:18 PM
We use Javascript for the pop-up on the main page when you have new PM's. If you disable that option in the User CP then the javascript doesn't show up anymore.

Kentucky Rifle
September 9, 2001, 01:35 PM
I have NO IDEA how to do what you just said to do. Please give me detailed instructions.

Thank you,
KR

Caeca Invidia Es
September 9, 2001, 01:37 PM
1. Click on the "user cp" button at the top right.
2. Click on "Edit Options"
3. Set "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?" to NO and there will be no more javascript.

Kentucky Rifle
September 9, 2001, 01:52 PM
THANK YOU!
Seems to be working OK now. I'll let you know if there are any more problems.
Again, THANK YOU!

KR

Caeca Invidia Es
September 9, 2001, 02:05 PM
Your welcome, glad I could help :)

Rich Lucibella
September 9, 2001, 04:40 PM
Whoa! That was cool.
Thanks, Shaun. I didn't believe it was the Java Script as KR has not had the problem before and we haven't done anything to the software.

What am I missing?
Rich

Caeca Invidia Es
September 9, 2001, 04:57 PM
Not sure it was the javascript that was the problem.

The javascript doesn't actually show up on the page unless you have the Pop-Up message set to yes and you actually have a new/unread PM. Just have to wait and see if that was the problem/solution now.

Rich Lucibella
September 9, 2001, 05:32 PM
Well KR was having problems getting on at the same time Dennis was. Both seemed to get back in at the same time, KR on WebTV and Dennis on DSL.

I still think it was a network or router failure.....but I hope not.
Rich

bk40
September 9, 2001, 11:03 PM
Rich,

FWIW- I usually surf on my webtv. No problems ever encountered at TFL.