PDA

View Full Version : 870 stock question

jb26
September 7, 2001, 10:02 AM
I just have to share: shot my first round of trap last night at the local club. Great fun and any of you who haven't tried, I suggest you do. Bad news (not so bad) is that I only hit 11 out of 25. Good news is that the 11 I hit were 11 out of the last 16.

So my question is: how do you take off the buttpad on the 870 stock? Just a screwdriver in the little holes? If so, what type of screwdriver?

What I want to do is put a sling stud into the synthetic stock. Has anyone done this? I know it invalidates the warranty, but I probably won't do this until the warrantee runs out anyway. Any suggestions?

Thanks (sorry it was so long)

ENC
September 7, 2001, 11:06 AM
I belive that the screws are small phillips head in the holes in the buttpad. It should say for sure in your manual if you have it I don't have my manual with me so I don't positively.

Evan

S.F.S
September 8, 2001, 11:28 AM
I know for sure that mine is a phillips head. But mine is a wood stock, don't think that would make a difference though..

fed168
September 8, 2001, 09:56 PM
Yes,you need a small phillips head. I just recently replaced the wood stock with synthetic, and also just replaced the stud. Do you want the stud on the side or bottom of the stock?
I just installed a stud on the left side of the stock,calling Wilson for the dimensions. I think it is two inches in from the stock and one and a half inches up from the bottom.
My guess on the bottom, measure up the length two inches and mark it. I measured the screw diameter and found a smaller drill bit. I then drilled and checked to see if the screw fit the hole. If it did not, I used the next size bit until it did, being careful to have some resistance in screwing in the stud.
To make it stronger, maybe epoxying the stud would work.