PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Sure-Fire Responder Model 618 (Rem 870)

El Rojo
August 26, 2001, 06:36 PM
I have been doing a lot of searching for this tac light for my new 870 and I just want to check in with yall to find out if I am missing a great deal. I want the Sure-Fire Responder model 618 for the Remington 870. I see there is a regular model and there is a F series model. My understanding is the F series has a on off switch and the regular series has just the pressure switch. It would make most tactical and HD sense to have the F series just in case I want to dial 911 with one hand and hold the shotgun with the other. Any and all input would be greatly appreciated. I have been hanging out for a while on the rifle side and I must say the scattergun side is just as friendly. Thank you all!

Vern Brink
August 27, 2001, 11:37 AM
I've always had good luck with www.uws.com and I've heard that www.arizonagunrunners.com is ok.

Go w/the F series if you don't spending more. The 918F w/the P91 bulb would give the the most light. If you get the 618F you can always upgrade to a 9 volt system later by adding a spacer, changing the bulb and replacing the battery pack. Make sure you use the Surefire battery pack or one made for you (not just single, loose 123's). The wrapped battery packs are made w/little rubber washers in between the batteries to keep the little nipples from getting squashed (during firing) and loosing contact.

Ehornad
October 2, 2001, 10:08 PM
vangcomp.com