PDA

View Full Version : question

nifeman
August 26, 2001, 12:52 AM
hello newbie here..got a question for you shotgunners i have an old 12 gage mossberg bolt action shotgun with a would stock and a 28 inch barrel.any thoughts on a value on it? and possibly how old it is? basically jut wanting to know if its junk or if it has potential..any info would be a great help thanks in advance

biganimal
August 26, 2001, 04:28 AM
i bought one two weeks ago for 45 bucks cleaned it up a little and got $60 for it. I own several in various gauges and like them. but they are not real valuable.

PreserveFreedom
August 26, 2001, 06:26 AM
Is there a model number on it? I have an old 20ga Mossberg bolt action and I love it for the history value alone.

Dave McC
August 26, 2001, 08:56 AM
Those Mossbergs are rugged,dependable, and not fashionable, so their market price is well below their worth. The big 9 point over the fireplace was taken with a Mossy BA.

It's a good using gun, but that bolt action makes it a repeater in name only. More like a single shot with a handy place to keep ammo.

I think Mossy started making them in the 30s, but I might be wrong.

nifeman
August 27, 2001, 12:05 AM
thanks for all the info i guess i did'nt get hurt for the $60 i bought it for years ago.as far as the model # i am not sure i will have to dig it out and look at it..thanks again for your time and smarts..bob