PDA

View Full Version : Help on a hastings slug barrel

huntsman
August 25, 2001, 11:23 AM
Anybody out there familiar with hastings full rifled slug barrels ? This one says made in france, and how good is their rear sight ?

I stopped at a little gunshop the other day and he had a used BPS with the hastings barrel and a used 870 express with the rifled barrel , both 12's both about the same money.When buying used I always try to buy the most orginal condition for my money and in this case that would be the 870 , but I know a bps is worth more than an 870 express so I guess it comes down to the barrel so can anbody help ?

Mannlicher
August 25, 2001, 08:37 PM
I bought a Hastings WadLock II barrel for my Browning A-5. This is the one with the straight rifling. I found that it shoots slugs, the Brenneke or Forster kind, quite accuratly. Groups at 50 yards stay under two inches from the bench, and under three inches when I shoot standing and bracing the barrel against an upright. Standing up, the gun groups about 4 inches at 100 yards, but I doubt I would ever shoot that long a shot. I do not use a shotgun for deer hunting, but carry some slugs just in case, if out hunting squirrel.

Rottweiler
August 26, 2001, 06:55 AM
I have a Hastings barrel for my 870. It shoots GREAT for a shotgun. It'll hit popcans at 75 yards which outdoes my Uncle and Brother's Remington factory barrels.

I can't really say much about the sights though mine has a cantilever mount with a red dot scope on it.