PDA

View Full Version : Benelli Nova

Mike Baugh
August 24, 2001, 08:40 AM
I am wanting to pick up another pump shotgun and have been looking at the Benelli Nova with the 18.5" Ghost Ring sight barrel . Has anyone had any experiences with these Benelli's ? I have a 870 police and have had several 590's so I am familiar with them but the Nova looked very nice for the money . Thanks , Mike...

hksigwalther
August 24, 2001, 11:45 AM
Mine works very well. I would highly recommend the mercury recoil reducer. Slugs and mag loads are very punishing without it.

Billy Sparks
August 24, 2001, 01:42 PM
I bought a Nova setup just like you descibed. As of yet have not had a chance to shot it but I REALLY like the way it feels. If you decided to install the recoil reducer yourself get a VERY long philips head screwdriver. That was the only irratation.

hksigwalther
August 24, 2001, 03:48 PM
"...get a VERY long philips head screwdriver."

HAHAHA. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I had to wait over a weekend at my parent's house to get back to my apartment to get to my tool box for the installation because my dad didn't have one long enough to do the job.

Popsicle
August 24, 2001, 04:47 PM
I have had a Nova 18.5" for about 6 months. It is absolutely better than any newly manufactured 870 (which seems to get all the praise). Mine is also utterly accurate... 4" groups at 100 yds. with winchester 1 oz. 2-3/4" slugs. Other slugs shoot well also, but something about the winchesters my gun likes. It seems to be robustly built... I have shot 500 00 buck loads through mine and at least 100 slug rounds, with absolutely no ill effects. I purchased this gun because I knew the product was good... I already owned the 28" bbl. camo Nova, with which I shoot everything that flies with it. I just can't justify buying another shotgun when these two have done everything I have asked of them and then some. In my opinion, you don't need the recoil reducer unless you are really recoil sensitive. I shoot 3" steel loads through my camo Nova and the recoil to me is not that punishing.

Pat Brophy

MiniZ
August 24, 2001, 07:10 PM
I have one, and think it is great. I opted to get the recoil reducer as well. That sucker is punishing with heavy loads. I added a two shot extension, which was a little pricy($50.00), but it gave me the look and the capacity I wanted.

Zane

john1932
August 26, 2001, 04:43 AM
I just ordered a Benelli Nova with the rifled Deer barrel and it is supposed to be here next week. I also ordered the recoil reduction package with it hopeing this will make slug shooting a little more pleasant. I want to get a bird barrel for it some time soon, so if anyone knows the least expensive way to do this would you please let me know. Also hope to scope this gun out ASAP. John

hksigwalther
August 26, 2001, 11:14 AM
John,

Shoot the NOVA before you install the recoil reducer with heavy loads then shoot it with reducer installed and post your impressions. It's always interesting the hear what other people's opinions are on the same subject.