PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion please

Cody
August 24, 2001, 07:20 AM
Does anybody out there own or have used a newer Winchester Mdl X2 Autoloader? If you do or nobody who has your opinions would be appreciated greatly. I am interested in the 3.5" Chamber as the shotgun will be mostly if not always used as a Waterfowl Gun. I am curious to know how well the gun performs cycling different length loads 2-3/4", 3" and 3.5" does it have problems with jams or other reliability issues? Of course their write up in the Winchester-guns Homepage praises the metering of the gas discharges and how it quickly adapts blah blah blah.

Thanks in advance...

Bud1
August 24, 2001, 09:23 AM
I have a friend that shoots one of these, and I have run it a couple of times on 5 Stand.

It is very similar to the original Winchester Super X in "feel". It seems very reliable as well, as the owner of the gun is a reloader and shoots light 1 oz loads for practice.

I personally do not like 3.5" 12 gauge loads. My experience is that they do not provide any meaningful gain over a 3" load, and the higher cost and recoil are significant detriments. If you are looking for long-range "punch" for high flying geese, I prefer the Federal Tungsten 3" #2s.

Good luck,

Bud

Kernel
August 24, 2001, 10:59 AM