PDA

View Full Version : 870 Trigger Assembly (Dave Im sure you can answer this)

S.F.S
August 20, 2001, 06:28 PM
I popped out my trigger assembly yesterday for the first time and noticed that the rear trigger plate pin moves freely when pushed is that common? Also noticed that the assembly moves side to side very slightly is this also common?
This gun is about a year old and only has less than 500 shells through it.
Also is there a replacment front bead sight avaiable for this? Possibly something like a tru-glo or something bright. Also do they just unscrew from the vent rib?

Dave McC
August 20, 2001, 07:36 PM
OK, from the top....

Slop in the puns and trigger group is quite common. No problem, except if you delight in taking it in and out for a decade or so. A switch in pins might help if it bothers you.

870 sights have gone through several evolutions
since their inception. Most have screw in sights, more/less easily removed and replaced.

Various aftermarket sights can be adapted, as well as the large white bead used on the target versions. Me, I like a small and unobtrusive bead for flying stuff, a medium bead painted bright yellow for use with a peep sight.

S.F.S
August 20, 2001, 08:06 PM
Thanks Dave,
How will aftermarket pins help with the slop? And where can I acquire them.
The bead that is on there now is the standard small one that comes on the 870 Express but it is the right size for me. I may just take it off and put a little paint on it, that may help.
Do you have any idea what Albrights may charge to lighten the trigger on that?
Scott

Dave McC
August 20, 2001, 09:46 PM
Scott, pins and pinholes all vary a bit. You may have a hole that's larger than usual and a pin that's smaller. Another pin of slightly larger size might fix this, but I doubt I'd worry about it unless the pin actually started to leave the weapon when you turned it on its side.

Last trigger job I had done was $35,IIRC.

HTH....

DML
August 21, 2001, 02:27 AM
Scott:

Be careful what you do with the bead. It may be soldered into a hole in the rib. If you try to unscrew it, you may mess it up. If the size is right for you, get some bright paint of finger nail polish and try that.

S.F.S
August 21, 2001, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the advice....