PDA

View Full Version : New Shotgun Purchase

Will Beararms
August 15, 2001, 09:29 PM
I picked up a Beretta AL 390 Silver Mallard with the NWTF Advantage Camo pattern and the 24" barrel. When I un-boxed it, I was reminded of days gone by when folks actually cared about packaging a finished product. I am only 37 but this baby was wrapped in the box so pretty, I was afraid to un-crate it.

I got her for $539.00 NIB. Did I do good and is this thing suited to dove hunting? Also, could I shoot rifled slugs through it or buckshot and what choke should be used for Slugs or Buckshot? It came with a Full, Modified and improved cylinder.

Many times when duck hunting in Southeast Arkansas, I have a chance to shoot a Buck when the two seasons are concurrent.

Thanks

WB

Dave McC
August 16, 2001, 05:52 AM
Good gun, reasonable price and it's a dove gun if you're a dove hunter. I'd use the Modified tube for dove, switch to Full for pass shooting and IC for getting them incoming at a watering spot.

It should work with slugs and buck. I'd go with the IC tube first, but the Modified may work.

Sounds like a good'un, enjoy....

Georam
August 16, 2001, 03:45 PM
Will,
I got a Beretta 391 Field with a 26" barrel yesterday, and your right I hated to unbox it because it was packaged so well. I got it for $700.00 + tax. That was the best price I could find here in Alabama. I am planning on dove hunting with it. It looks and feels like it will be a great gun, will let you know after I have shot it a few times.
Happy Hunting,
George