PDA

View Full Version : Sproing !!!

E. BeauBeaux
August 13, 2001, 09:41 AM
I took my Beretta 92 Compact completely down for a major cleaning this weekend. Reassembly was fine till I got to the last part. The safety on the slide. Seems the Trigger Bar Release Plunger Spring [#11 on the parts list] went sproing and I can't find the little devil anywhere. I found the plunger thank goodness. I called Beretta and this spring is on backorder [guess lot's go sproing]. Does anyone have one I can buy or know where I can buy one. I am on order with Beretta but it may take some time. Your help is appreciated, Eddie.

4V50 Gary
August 13, 2001, 12:16 PM
If the local gunsmith doesn't have it, you may want to check with the armorer of any nearby law enforcement agency. It's amazing what a bottle of scotch can get.

Mal H
August 13, 2001, 01:13 PM
I avoided a long wait for a spring one time by using one of those magnet "brooms" such as roofers use to pick up nails out of the grass. Sweep your entire room and you would be surprised how many metallic objects you will find. Before I finally swept for the spring that way, I spent many hours looking for it. My wife had to leave for a while 'cause she couldn't stand the cussing and fuming and all the moving stuff around. It almost became comical seeing the things I did to try to locate it, but that's a different story. ;)

E. BeauBeaux
August 13, 2001, 01:34 PM
I'll do the magnet thing tonight when I get home. I'm sure I'll be surprised by all the stuff it finds. My house would not pass the white glove test. It around the workbench I'm sure just can't see it.

rhedley
August 13, 2001, 04:14 PM
Stop looking where you THINK it went, and start lookin' where "you KNOW it couldn't have come this far." I always look and see what the cat is playing with, for days after the "incident". :)

Mal H
August 13, 2001, 04:27 PM
You are correct, sir! The spring I lost went under a closed door and ended up against the wall halfway across the adjacent room.

bedlamite
August 14, 2001, 06:23 AM
You might also want to check out Wolff at:
http://www.gunsprings.com/

E. BeauBeaux
August 14, 2001, 08:43 AM
The magnet search didn't find the spring. Guess I'll just wait for Beretta to get them in. Wolff dosen't have them. Thank's for the help.

Ed Brunner
August 14, 2001, 10:52 AM
A friend found a lost spring stuck in a ceiling tile. Worth a look.

rhedley
August 14, 2001, 10:58 AM
You have looked low, but have you looked HIGH ? Book shelves, curtains, lamp shades, shirt pockets, deep cleavage, it could happen ! :D

E. BeauBeaux
August 14, 2001, 04:26 PM
Deep cleavage, sure wish I had that problem around the house:) .
I'll keep looking as some of the ideas are a possible. I'll find the darn thing when Beretta's envelope arrives with new springs. It will be right their in plain sight probably.