PDA

View Full Version : Source for obtaining Brenneke Slugs?

up-down
August 12, 2001, 03:03 PM
I have checked through the search engine and have been unable to locate a retail source for Brenneke Slugs. I am sure there must be a www. location that sells them but have been unable to come up with one. Help please.

Cosmoline
August 12, 2001, 03:32 PM
In theory, most major retailers and gun stores stock them. Unfortunately, they seem to sell out the instant a new batch comes in, at least up here in Anchorage. People stock up on them. The factory (in Germany?) apparently can't keep up with demand, esp. when hunting seasons start to open. There's a new PMC load using Brennke's slug that seems to be in stock, but I don't know if it's as good as the original.

Clayton
August 12, 2001, 04:25 PM
www.cheaperthandirt.com
www.midsouthshooterssupply.com
www.ammoman.com

Dave McC
August 12, 2001, 04:51 PM
The Rottweil Brennekes(Excellent slugs but hard kickers) are sold through Dynamit Nobel. Stick to the 2 3/4" ones, all the 3" ones will do better is use up your money fast.

The KO Brennekes are sold at retail outlets. The aptly named "Dick's" Sporting Goods has them for $1.97 a 5 pack. Check the archives and other info and sources should be there.

Results are awesome with either. The Rottweils will penetrate darn near 3 feet through a deer, and the wound channel is darn near big enough to shove my arm into.

Only taken one deer with the KOs, but Ray Charles could have followed the blood trail at a fast walk. Call it 75 yds on the outside.45 yard shot, center of shoulder hit, didn't get much meat off that leg.

Like the old Forster types, these generally run best in smoothbores or shotguns with a rifled choke tube.

up-down
August 12, 2001, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the help all.

243guy
August 14, 2001, 03:39 PM
Those slugs are made for Brenneke right down the road from Me in Kearneysville,W.V. by Kent Cartridge of America. Used to be Activ Industries till a Engilsh co bought them out. Toured the factory about 1 month ago inquiring about a job. Nice factory with happy employees, important when u consider quality control.....good slugs for W.V. deer .......243guy