PDA

View Full Version : Tacstar Magazine Extension for 870

Sulaco
August 10, 2001, 07:41 AM
I bought a Tacstar magazine extension for my Remington 870. The two bumps in the stock magazine won't let the shells or the plastic stopper go past the end of the stock magazine. I don't really want to file them off as this will alter the gun irepairably. Is there some other way to make it work?

SDC
August 10, 2001, 08:21 AM
If you want it to work properly, you're going to have to either grind them out with a Dremel, or swage them out with a tapered rod of the right diameter.

Coronach
August 10, 2001, 09:09 AM
What he said.

Sulaco? An Aliens fan? If yes, do you know the origin of that name?

Mike

Sulaco
August 10, 2001, 09:44 AM
No, I don't know the origin of that name. I just saw it on the side of the Colonial Marines' vessel in the second Alien movie, aptly titled "Aliens". :) WHat does it mean? If you tell me it means I am gay or something I will be upset! :)

Coronach
August 10, 2001, 10:32 AM
LOL.

I recall the great George Carlin line from MANY years ago...

"Everything has to MEAN something. If you have a earring in this ear it means you're gay, but if its in this ear it means you like to hump water buffalo or something."

No, no, I have NO idea what it means. It is indeed the name of the ship from Aliens, but I have no idea where they got it. I just always wanted to know.

Mike