PDA

View Full Version : On to the Meat....has anyone looked at the Masthead?

Rich Lucibella
August 9, 2001, 11:09 PM
People:
There's names in the S.W.A.T. credits that should be just a bit familiar.....even if they're a bit misspelled! Have y'all forgotten your manners?.....or do I have to start paying these guys?!!!!!!!
Rich

WESHOOT2
August 10, 2001, 07:30 AM
When oh when will Leroy retire?

Correia
August 10, 2001, 01:32 PM
It is good to see articles written by Rob. (Long time TFLer)

And I notice that Oleg is on there as well. Most excellent.

You mean you pay them!?! :eek: To play with guns! And then write about it! Sounds like a pretty decent job to me. :)

Ken Cook
August 10, 2001, 03:18 PM
Sounds like a shameless SCAM to me!
(How do I get in on this?) :D

Correia, you haven't heard the best part yet.
Think about it. Ammunition now qualifies as a "business expense" for tax purposes!

Ohhhhhh, I've got to have one of these jobs!
;)

Karsten
August 11, 2001, 12:00 AM
I guess I need to look past the the Masthead and look for distance shores.
Shores full of Promise, support, wisdom, training and so much more.
I spent may day with a fellow TFLer and had my eyes opened as is just who, way and what is the driving force behind TFL.
Needless to say I was and am very impressed with the goals of a few. They truly have insite, ambition and a desire.

I am in to help all I can

Karsten

Hey can we get some of the cute semicon's like AW.net have...beer drinkers for a toast :rolleyes:

Don Gwinn
August 11, 2001, 11:11 AM
I looked. Some of the names rang a vague bell, but I don't recall anyone named Sun Tao.
:p

Jessica Wellman
August 11, 2001, 06:24 PM
I was thinking the same thing Don!! :D :D

Poor Son!!!

Rich Lucibella
August 11, 2001, 09:11 PM
Son's seen the text of my fax to the Art Director. Somewhere between there and here our Son turned into our Sun....perhaps it's a compliment.
Rich

Spectre
August 12, 2001, 09:36 AM
Saw Rob...missed Oleg. Some of the "ask the editor" answers were damn funny.

I'm always happy to see Leroy's articles.

Rich Lucibella
August 12, 2001, 12:39 PM
Oleg's not been placed on the masthead yet. If we use his new layout, it'll premier with due credit.
Rich

Bud Helms
August 12, 2001, 04:48 PM
Exactly what is the masthead?

Denny Hansen
August 12, 2001, 05:15 PM
The masthead of a magazine lists the publisher, finance director, contributing staff, editor, etc. Normally it is also where information requred by the Postal Service is posted. In S.W.A.T., the masthead usually appears on page 5 next to the Briefing Room column.

Bud Helms
August 12, 2001, 09:58 PM
So, the masthead is not viewable online?

Rich Lucibella
August 12, 2001, 10:18 PM
Bud-
No it's not placed on the website. Only the Briefing room and a summary are there. Here's the page you're wondering about.
http://www.thefiringline.com/Misc/S05.pdf
Rich

deanf
August 13, 2001, 01:41 AM
It was somewhat strange to see names in a national, big-time magazine, of people I've actually communicated with, and associate with on a regular basis.

NEAT.

Bud Helms
August 13, 2001, 09:00 AM
That's decent of you to post the *.pdf file. Thanks, Rich.

From Denny Hansen's Briefing Room intro:

“… my niece produced the text used by her class, Magruder’s American Government by William A. McClenaghan, (1985, Allyn and Bacon). As plain as day, right there on page 136 were the words, "The Amendment has no real significance today—except for its propaganda weight in arguments over gun control." :eek:

Holy Smoke! It's gonna take time to overcome this kind of propaganda. :mad:

ArmySon
August 13, 2001, 11:09 AM
Well.... I guess that I'm so bright, my mother calls me Sun :rolleyes:

I've heard em all :)

S.W.A.T. has a very fine, knowledgeable staff. There's a wealth of information within the pages of this outstanding magazine and I do not say that lightly!