PDA

View Full Version : Reloading updated pages

Herr Walther
August 2, 2001, 06:53 PM
Hey Rich, I have noticed since the upgrade that after posting a message and then clicking the "Home" button and then selecting "View New Posts" that the page now has to be reloaded from the browser manually to update.

It didn't used to be like this. The pages used to automatically update upon viewing new posts.

What's up with that?

I also noticed that after voting in a poll, it doesn't automatically show the results anymore.

Rich Lucibella
August 2, 2001, 08:21 PM
No idea.
We didn't write it and don't have the luxury of such close exam. ;)
Rich

Caeca Invidia Es
August 2, 2001, 08:48 PM
What browser are you using? It's most likely a setting on your end.

Herr Walther
August 3, 2001, 01:17 AM
Nothing has changed on my end. IE is what I'm using. I haven't changed browser setting on this machine in forever.

It's just that I noticed after posting on a thread that was a ways down on the list, that it doesn't get bumped to the top anymore without reloading the page.

Maybe it's the "WORM" :eek:

Caeca Invidia Es
August 3, 2001, 01:25 AM
The only thing I can think of is to check under tools, internet options, settings and make sure it is set to check for newer versions on every visit. I'm not seeing this problem on IE or Netscape from 3 different computers.

Herr Walther
August 4, 2001, 05:58 AM
I thought it had stopped there for a second. It has not. It still will not update pages after clicking on "View New Posts" unless the page is reloaded from the browser.

C.R.Sam
August 4, 2001, 11:42 AM
That's one of the few problems I DON'T have, usin IE.