PDA

View Full Version : whats the stars for

scoops
August 1, 2001, 07:57 AM
under the rating columb there are stars on a few posts.what gives?:barf:

Mal H
August 1, 2001, 08:44 AM
The more gold stars, the higher the rating. This is a seldom used feechur that has little merit. It's part of the vB software package so there it is.

Out of curiosity, why did you puke after asking the question? Not feeling well today? :)

Moving to the Suggestions/Questions forum....

Jason Demond
August 1, 2001, 04:22 PM
So how do you use the stars?

Mal H
August 1, 2001, 04:57 PM
I take you guys haven't noticed the little selector box at the bottom of every thread called "Rate this thread:"?

PreserveFreedom
August 1, 2001, 11:12 PM
So how do you use the stars?
If we got in the habit of voting on all threads, members joining later could save time by avoiding the ones that the majority of members thought weren't exciting.

Hal
August 2, 2001, 06:06 AM
Stars should stop somewhere around the first grade level.

We stayed at the Luxor once. It's supposed to be a 5 star hotel. There was a guy passed out on the floor when we were checking in.

Click, clique = bad things to experience. Bad or broken stars and star extractors can lead to either.

Siskal and Ebert(sp) never agreed with my ideas of a good movie.

:D

Jason Demond
August 2, 2001, 04:08 PM
I was looking for them in the post window. :)

PreserveFreedom
August 3, 2001, 01:02 AM
RAE -
Keep in mind, it can be a five star hotel, but they can't keep any type of paying customer out. I stay at Excaliber exclusively, but I like Luxor's breakfast buffet. :D

OF
August 4, 2001, 11:04 PM
If everyone avoids low-star threads, how do they get to be high-star threads?

- Gabe

PreserveFreedom
August 4, 2001, 11:33 PM
GRD -
They only become low star threads from low star votes. Should you vote on a thread, you can give it up to five stars. The average of all votes is what is displayed, like a survey.