PDA

View Full Version : Just tried some TW25b

sgoeing
July 26, 2001, 12:19 PM
I ordered some about a month ago and just got around to using it. When i squeezeds ome out of the tube it looked like it had separated into a clear liquid and a white cream. Is this normal? I put the cap back on the tube and tried to mix it up good but got the same result. I was going to email mil-com but their site doesn't seem to be working right.
Thanks
Michael Goeing

johnbt
July 26, 2001, 07:17 PM
It does separate some, but I've never had any trouble mixing it in the tube.

I check back later. A thunderstorm just erupted over my house.

JT

gyp_c2
July 31, 2001, 12:22 AM
Huh...the liquid does the same, but will blend if you shake it well...I'm not sure if it's actually breaking down though...It would be worth it to know just WHAT IS happening?!

Clayton
July 31, 2001, 11:49 AM
TW-25B is a solid particle lubricant(Teflon) within a synthetic oil base. So is Tetra Gun. Just knead the tube before use.

sgoeing
July 31, 2001, 12:11 PM
What about in the syringe? How are you supposed to mix it up?

johnbt
July 31, 2001, 06:48 PM
I hate to admit to this...duct tape the syringe to a vibrating sander.

John

drcohen
August 2, 2001, 09:01 PM
if you think your tw-25b separated, that's probably not what happened. whatever you had, it had to have been just a lil on the surface. i wonder who you bought it from, and how long it was on the shelf.

What you experienced is called phasing. it is like sweating - if that makes any sense. it has no impact on the product performance. you can just bleed that off, and it shouldn't happen again.

trust me, i've experienced that.

regarding the age of the tube, the 1.5 oz. tubes in black and white are older. the new ones have gold on the label. not that it makes much of a difference.

i would recommend going to www.bestdefense.com for your next order.

Clayton
August 3, 2001, 12:30 AM
MilComm/Kleenbore TW-25B has no shelf life, so it's good to go. I've noticed this too, and it's pretty common with many greases available such as Tetra, Lubriplate, etc. Nothing to worry about.

sgoeing
August 3, 2001, 09:24 AM
Glad to here it's good to go.
The above address is were I purchased it.
It has the gold on the tube.
Thanks
Michael Goeing

rbad
August 4, 2001, 09:02 PM
The only reason why "DrCohen" keeps recommending TW25 and BestDefense.com .... IS BECAUSE HE OWNS BESTDEFENSE.COM!

Search out his posts. It's amazing.

Be upfront man.. It won't kill 'ya.

Clayton
August 5, 2001, 12:15 AM
No new news. As far as I know, Mr. Cohen never denied selling MilComm TW-25B. Yeah he wants to make a buck--so what? TW-25B is an excellent product either way, regardless of who you buy it from. www.bestdefense.com :D www.kleenbore.com

C.R.Sam
August 5, 2001, 12:49 PM
John.......cool idea, thanks.

Sam