PDA

View Full Version : Lock and Load!!!!!Pennsylvania TFL Shoot Sept 16th

Jamie Young
July 20, 2001, 11:10 PM
September 16th .....................

Anyone and everyone in the Keystone State and its border States are welcome. It Shall be held again at www.WaterandWings.com just outside of Quakertown PA.
Its only going to Cost you $15 to shoot all day at the Pistol and Rifle ranges.

This time I would like put an emphasis on bringing Military style rifles and Pistols. From Black Powder to 50BMG. After the shoot hopefully we all will have tried out guns that we have never shot before. As always this will be a proving ground to disprove all the bogus statements on certain firearms. I'm also going to test out the Sporting Clays with ya this time Geoff .

You have almost two months to make plans for this trip and we need a few "Repeat" Members. This is a great place to hang out and chat and a very relaxed environment for shooting. Pistol Range is 7-50yds, Rifle is 100-500yds and there is a Sporting Clays range. Bring Enough Ammo so everyone can shoot. I'll be bringing a ton of .308 for my FAL.

ArmySon
July 20, 2001, 11:55 PM
You might want to post more info that just the date since some members might not read the older threads that contain the range information and such.

Jamie Young
July 21, 2001, 12:04 AM
Done

Dead
July 21, 2001, 09:30 AM
Will this be a rain or shine event??? Like it been in the past :D

darogue1
July 21, 2001, 02:17 PM
I look foward to meeting more of you than just sodapop. I also wish to thank you all for allowing the date to be changed :) If we are doing the military rifle thing I think that an M1 carbine will make an appearance (new IAI one). What else will be showing up???? Thanks again gang! DAROGUE1

ArmySon
July 21, 2001, 03:23 PM
What's with the military rifle theme? Some of us aren't into military rifles ;)

Maybe I'll wait until the next time around when it's the varmint rifle theme or custom handgun them ;)

Jamie Young
July 21, 2001, 06:34 PM
What ArmySon doesn't have a 1911???????? Its Military GUNS. You can bring whatever you want. The specialty Item is your Military Handgun/ Pistol. I want to test a few calibers and guns out to 500yds and see how they do. That way when certain topics come up on TFL threads a bunch of us can give some Testimony. Dead, Darogue,Dinosaur and K80Geoff have guns I never fired or have little experience with. At the last shoot I shot a bunch of rifles and pistols I've never shot before.

dinosaur
July 21, 2001, 06:47 PM
Now I just need some mags. I`m only going to bring that and maybe a .45 this time. Too much stuff to lug around. I wish they`d make the pistol range bigger.

ArmySon
July 21, 2001, 08:24 PM
What ArmySon doesn't have a 1911????????

LOL

I might have one or two ;)

I'll bring my custom .220 Swift along. You'll see a nice 500 yard rifle :)

Jamie Young
July 21, 2001, 08:28 PM
Just remember......... YOU HAVE TO SHARE!!!:) I heard http://www.cole-distributing.com/ has a good deal on used M1A mags Dinosaur. last time I brought too many guns and hardly talked to everyone. I'm going to bring fewer guns and more ammo.

dinosaur
July 22, 2001, 04:35 AM
Lots at the Allentown show. South African & Singapore.

Jamie Young
July 22, 2001, 08:50 AM
I'm heading out the door now.

Dead
July 22, 2001, 01:26 PM
SodaPop,

get me some 7.62x39, 308, 223, 5.45x29, 30-06, 50BMG, 7.62x54, 8mm mauser :p

Looks like I have a place to stay @ my friend for the weekend of the 16th :D

dinosaur
July 22, 2001, 03:13 PM
I went back and picked up a 4" Python.

Jamie Young
July 22, 2001, 03:56 PM
I picked up some SA 308. THE LAST 3 BATTLE PACKS!!!!!!!!!! This time I brought cash and got it at a good price.

K80Geoff
July 22, 2001, 05:24 PM
Does my Gold Cup Trophy .45 count? It isn't exactly military anymore:D

I'll bring my Makarov and my "new" Israeli Hi Power, if it shoots. Looks kind of beat up but internally it is almost like new.

I'm also going to bring some screening to put up on the bench incase I have to shoot on your right . Also in case Dead sets up next to me :p

Geoff

Jamie Young
July 22, 2001, 06:29 PM
A nice mosquito net would be nice. You do have to watch out for Dead. Don't forget he's the one that gunned down SodaPops Soda 2 shoots ago. Israeli Hi-Power???? What is that? Some Police issued weapons would be nice too. Some of those old 38's that whats his name brought when it rained.

K80Geoff
July 22, 2001, 08:12 PM
Israeli Hi Power ...AKA FH Hi Power previously owned by the IDF. They are apparently switching over to glocks and selling off the Hi Powers. Mine has a lot of wear on the outside and red nail polish on the frame???? Maybee it was used by a Female IDF officer :eek:

Kinda wonder if it ever....well you know:cool:

Came with two full cap mags, mag holder and holster. All for $319! I'm not into 9mm but couldn't pass this up.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
July 22, 2001, 09:13 PM
You know what!!!! I think I shot one of those a few months ago. Some guy I met at the range let me try it. They kind of look like CZ's don't they???

If your looking for Motels Quakertown has about 50 of them. Thats about 7 minutes away. There are a few real small ones in Spinnerstown which is even closer.

Marcus
July 22, 2001, 09:57 PM
For military guns I`ll at least bring my CZ-75B Military along with lots of ammo. Some of you guys probably remember it. I dunno about 500yds. but it`s done suprisingly well at 200yds. already. :) Marcus

Dead
July 22, 2001, 10:11 PM
K80Geoff,

Dont worry I will be off the your left the whole time with that SAR-2!! (I am tuning it to throw steel 90 degree's to my right) Plus we could have SodaPop's Mini off to your left, and maybe a few more SAR's!!!! Now that would give you alot of attention I am sure, nothing like tons of hot steel and brass to bright'n your day :p

SodaPop, yeah that Soda of your's that I took out was pretty messy...... ;)

ArmySon
July 22, 2001, 10:18 PM
SodaPop

PLEASE don't tell me you've never heard of a Browning Hi Power!!

Jamie Young
July 22, 2001, 10:55 PM
If Marcus had a Browning 10mm at the last shoot then I know what a Hi-Power is. Me doesn't know hundguns az good as Riffles.

ArmySon
July 22, 2001, 11:05 PM
http://www.3dpcgames.com/cwm/s/cwm/cwm/eek2.gif

The Hi Power is one of John Moses Browning's greatest design!!!!!

http://www.customarms.com/images/browning1.jpg

dinosaur
July 23, 2001, 04:47 PM
Dead & his friend and Marcus shot it I think but you and Geoff were too busy trying to impress the locals with that ranch rifle.:D

You got the ammo from the lady by the door, right? When I was there Sat. she had a 1260 round box for $175. I couldn`t carry it so I passed.

I got the Aimpoint sighted in at 50 yds. so far.

Jamie Young
July 23, 2001, 06:16 PM
Ok Son your got me on that one:o
Just bring all your toys then:p

Dino- I got it from some old guy. I was at the show in Plymouth Meeting not Allentown.

Dead
July 26, 2001, 10:51 AM
Another hour out West from the Ft Washington Show..... Ugh! That would make for one long day trip for me. Will have to see.... If it is ALOT better than the Ft Washington show (is it???) then I will be there.

Who has attended the Harrisburg show??? How good is it?

Matrix
July 28, 2001, 08:25 AM
I put it on the calender - looking forward to it!

Jamie Young
July 28, 2001, 09:02 AM
I have been told that the Harrisburg shows are the best. Usually MAAC puts on One or two real big shows in PA every year. One Fort Washington and One Harrisburg. Appalachian Promotions puts on about 3 shows a month in PA but they are a lot smaller. Sometimes pretty good though!

Dead
July 28, 2001, 11:49 AM
Well I am in the market for a NEW car, so all future firearms purchases are on HOLD until further notice.... Ammo is a must though :D

K80Geoff
July 29, 2001, 01:17 PM
UH what are you going to do with the old one:D Anybody have some property we can use for an afternoon:D

Geoff Ross

Dead
July 29, 2001, 02:31 PM
K80Geoff,

Yes NEW car!!!! That black monster you saw during the first shoot I made is my FIRST car. I need to get a new one bad!!!! :D Still looking around on exactly what I want, but it is getting pretty close. I should a new one before the Sept shoot if not sooner..

Oh yeah I found a ride out to, and back, to the Harrisburg show in late August so I will be there. :)

I need ammo, and more ammo, and yes still more ammo..

One of my friend's parents live on a Farm about 30 mins from W&W. I seriously doubt they would let any of us go shoot there though. :( I can always ask...

Dead
July 29, 2001, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah... Those M44's are LOUDDDDD!!!!! I had a marine come over and ask me what I was shooting since it made so much noise!!! :D

Jamie Young
July 30, 2001, 04:27 PM
Ok its Official National TFL WEEKEND!! SEPTEMBER 15th and 16th!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead
July 31, 2001, 07:56 AM
Sodapop,

Nice!!! Wait till you try out one of those M44's I picked up! They can bite. Not to mention like i said before, they are loud!!! I only have one thing that kicks worse, and that would be an ultra light 10ga! Anyone here like pain??? If so I am bring the beast out in Sept.

K80Geoff,

Ever go shooting upstate?? I *might* beable to arrange something in 2 weeks. Will talk to my friend later today.

Jamie Young
July 31, 2001, 04:18 PM
We are going to have to come up with some new Gathering Idea after the Sept shoot. WE NEED A CAR SHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dead
July 31, 2001, 05:50 PM
Dont look at me I am trading my old one in :D

ArmySon
July 31, 2001, 11:34 PM
How about we all get together and have an IDPA shoot! lol Then we'll see the real skills or lack there of! All in fun of course.

darogue1
August 1, 2001, 06:53 AM
Things have worked out for DAROGUE1, can attend a TLF PA shoot and a National get together:) New rifle comming in by mid Aug:cool: Gun show towards the end of the month. It was a bad week now things are looking up! DAROGUE1

K80Geoff
August 1, 2001, 02:12 PM
Dead: Yes I occasionally shoot Upstate, but mostly Sporting Clays. Although my clays shooting has been curtailed recently.

If you set up a shoot, I'll be there with my AR and pistols:D Just let me know where and when.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
August 1, 2001, 07:57 PM
Speaking of AR's Geoff............. Did you ever start Reloading for your AR yet? I want to see how some 62gr or 64gr .223 does out that AR at 500yds. The Military claims it shoots the same Ballistically as the 147gr 7.62. I bet it does, but we have to do some testing to settle the debate. That debate keeps coming up and we could post our results:)

Dead
August 2, 2001, 10:17 AM
Son,

You supply the range, and I am down.

Jamie Young
August 5, 2001, 12:24 PM
Dead are you going to scope your SAR II??? I think I read George Hill post something about Cobra Optics on an SAR II. So somebody is scoping there's. I'm thinking about getting one now. Its a paint ball gun or an SARII. I've been thinking about an AR lately but there still a little too much money for me. I'm the master of poor man rifles SKS/Mini 14/ SAR II??
Except for the DSA FAL I got:D

Dead
August 5, 2001, 08:05 PM
I need to find a SCOPE :)

Jamie Young
August 9, 2001, 12:31 AM
Dead are you still coming up on sunday?
Geoff do you want to do some sporting clays at Water and Wings this sunday?

Dead
August 9, 2001, 06:49 AM
SodaPop,

I will be out there Friday-Sunday.... Can hit W&W on Sunday when my friend is in Chruch :)

Hope you like heavy recoil. I am bringing some mean stuff with me this time, not to mention LOUD!

K80Geoff
August 10, 2001, 12:19 AM
Soda This Sunday, you mean the 11th. Let me think a while about this.
How about the 19th.

Do you have a shotgun to use?

I am dying to shoot that course, even though I haven't shot sporting in over a year.

Geoff

K80Geoff
August 10, 2001, 12:26 AM
Soda....I will have to make some arrangements but I am willing to shoot sunday.

Anyone else coming besides you and Mr brass shower:D

Any other TFL ers out there want to shoot some clays. I'll bring both my K guns so you guys can shoot real shotguns for a change:D

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
August 10, 2001, 12:57 AM
I have access to a 16gauge O/U. Whats the rule on shot Size? I think I pretty much only have 4,6 and 7 1/2. How much was the whole Range? I know I should know this stuff:o I am the ultimate amatuer so NO LAUGHING if I get off to a bad start. Otherwise I'll finish the course with my FAL. Do they make shot for .308?????? Were going to have to bring 5 gallons of Kool Aid or else were going to pass out in the heat:eek:

Dead
August 10, 2001, 05:34 AM
Soda is it only suppose to be in the 80's Sunday. Looks like I am bringing something other than a 10ga this time. Maybe I will have to go buy a Double :p

K80Geoff
August 10, 2001, 09:03 AM
Shot size is limited to 7.5, 8 and 9 shot. I would suggest #8 shot as the best but 7.5 will work. You might want to pick up a box of #9 for the really close shots. 16 gauge is OK, I will probably use my 20 GA.

A complete round of Sporting Clays will cost $28 for 100 birds. Bring about 125 shells (5 boxes)

If we are lucky we will get to squad by ourselves and can take our time. The course is automated so we can pull our own targets.

Dead if you are going to use a 10 ga bring a bottle of aspirin:D
Some ranges will not allow guns larger than 12 GA but I didn't see any restrictions on the brochure and in the clubhouse. As long as you can fire two shots. I hope your 10 is an auto.

What time are we going to start, late morning I hope.

Geoff

Dead
August 10, 2001, 09:54 AM
K80,

NO 10ga for sporting clay's!!!!! (besides I only have 6's, 4's, BB's, and T shot. Not to mention slugs.) I have shot trap with my 10ga twice, it needless to say was not alot of fun. Some other's there tried it for a total of ONE shot each, before they gave up on it. Guess they dont like te idea of a <7lbs 10ga single shot very much :D

I am sure I can dig up a o/u, side by side or auto shotgun (in 12ga of course) for Sporting Clays Sunday. I can make it late morning no problem. The good news is I have plenty of Rem Dove loads in #8, #7.5 shot :)

Soda,

If we pay for the Sporting Clay coarse do we still have to pay to use the rifle/pistol range??? I would hope not :) I amgoing to bring some extra Clay Pigeons to blast also.

I just sent you two an email with subject "Sunday" from my hotmail account. Later!

K80Geoff
August 10, 2001, 11:59 AM
Single shot 10 ga ouch!!! Bring the aspirin and an ice pack for your shoulder.

The range rents Browning autos if you can't find a gun.

OK for 11:00 AM start.

Anyone else out there coming, nobody will be embarrassed I promise! Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and bring a canteen!

Geoff Ross

Dead
August 10, 2001, 12:56 PM
K80Geoff nice... I think I can get an Auto 12ga today! :)

Oh yeah I was looking out the window (kinda starting to rain), so looked up East Greenville's forcast on weather.com.. Here it is, not looking to good for Sunday. So check it again tomorrow and lets see if it is going to be Clear! :)

I think you were rigth @ the first meet I made K80Geoff, you bring the rain with you :p

Well I am out, if the plans change give me a call, as I am Away from the computer till Monday.

East Greenville, PA (18041)
Friday, August 10, at 7:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time
Hi (°F) Lo (°F)

Today
Aug 10 Scattered T-Storms 91 °F 72 °F
UV Index: 9 High

Sat
Aug 11 Partly Cloudy 83 °F 68 °F
UV Index: 8 High

Sun
Aug 12 Scattered T-Storms 84 °F 67 °F

dinosaur
August 10, 2001, 03:48 PM
As I said before, I don`t shoot clays anymore. Besides, there`s a gunshow up here:D and I have an ear infection. Loud noises aren`t fun.:(

Jamie Young
August 11, 2001, 01:05 AM
Hmm I might end up renting a 12gauge. Finding various shot sizes for a 16gauge is like digging for diamonds. I sold my 20gauge years ago and planned on getting a 12gauge but never did. I use my Uncle's 16ga for hunting but its a pain finding ammo for it.

Dead
August 13, 2001, 10:49 AM
Water and Wings has a REALLY nice Sporting Clay course! If you are into this kinda thing and can make this meet do the course!!!!!!!

jthuang
August 13, 2001, 04:31 PM
Speaking of sporting clays, I'll be shooting sporting clays in Baltimore the previous weekend with my M1 Super 90 Tactical. Too bad the shoot isn't before my clays session, I could use the practice. :)

See you all there.

Justin

Dead
August 17, 2001, 07:09 AM
Moving this back up top. That is all.

9mmMike
August 17, 2001, 03:02 PM
Sorry if this is a silly question but can I shoot Sporting Clays with my 870? I just want to make sure that I do not have to bring a double or something.
Thanks,
Mike

Dead
August 17, 2001, 03:59 PM
You could but those true pairs (two birds at the SAME time) will be ruff!

9mmMike
August 17, 2001, 09:55 PM
Two at once? Ah, my ignorance showing again. Nevermind. Thanks Dead.
So what can I do up there with my "new" 879 to keep me entertained?
Mike

Jamie Young
August 17, 2001, 10:51 PM
You might not be the only one with an 870 if you do Sporting Clays there. I'm long over due for an 870. I might get one before the next shoot. There is going to be a Sporting Clays Competition going on the same day as the shoot so you might have to wait until mid day to get on the field.

What else are you going to bring ?

9mmMike
August 18, 2001, 10:27 AM
Shucks,
I was just reminded by the lovely Mrs. 9mmMike that we are leaving for vacation that weekend.
Please tell me that these events are fairly frequent! I've been looking for something like this for a while and now here's one in my backyard (more or less) and I can not go. :(
I will be crusing up there tomorrow though just to check it out and get the lay of the land so-to-speak.
How far away is Allems from this place? Perhaps I could kill two birds with one 870! :)
Mike

Dead
August 18, 2001, 03:20 PM
I will be up there tomorrow also... I will most likely be wearing my "Join the Revolution" tee-shirt.

I will be shooting the sporting clay course, just hope it doesnt rain too much. :D

9mmMike
August 19, 2001, 05:03 PM
Well,
I stopped up there. Let me start by saying that the directions on the web page are crap. Second RIGHT is NOT the same as second LIGHT!
Anyway, it is a neat place. They were just finishing a cowboy shoot at the rifle range when we arrived.
We got a cart and toured the sporting clays area. Those pigeons don't look that fast to me! Maybe my 870 would work.......
The 5-stand is cool as well.
I forgot to ask while I was there, does anyone know if I can shoot a shotgun at the rifle/pistol range. I need to pattern this gun and I do not know where I can go to do that.
Later,
Mike

K80Geoff
August 19, 2001, 06:35 PM
First, No you cannot shoot the Shotgun (except with slugs) on the R & P ranges. They have a pattern board for that purpose. If you come to the TFL shoot I will show you where it is and how to use it.

Second, those birds will fool you:) Ask Soda Pop or Dead about them. Some very technical presentations exist on that course. Speed in sporting clays isn't everything. Those simo pairs with complex target movements are verry difficult!

Yes the directions are poo poo. I drove around for an hour before I figured out how to get there. The ranges are worth it though!

Geoff Ross

PS Dead, howdja do this time:D

K80Geoff
August 19, 2001, 06:45 PM
OOPs I forgot. For those of you who are coming for the first time. If you copy the directions on the website go to the Second LIGHT, not the Second RIGHT. Make a right at the light with the nursery on the right and a church on the opposite side after you turn right. There is a small sign on the corner, more like one of those lawn signs you see during political campaigns. Go down the road untill you see a big tan rock standing on edge and take the right fork.

If you get lost call Soda Pop, not me, I don't like the roving charges on my cell phone:D

Geoff Ross

Dead
August 19, 2001, 10:51 PM
K80, what are roving charges??? I dont have those on mine :)))

I was up there today and did pretty well on the sporting clay course.... yes I am an addict now!

dinosaur
August 20, 2001, 06:41 AM
were right on the money. However, the 2 knuckleheads that decided to take the sign down a few days before putting up the new one didn`t help much.:eek:

Dead
August 20, 2001, 01:23 PM
Ok there were some people there with pump guns. They could fire at both clays before they were out of range/hit the ground. Unless you are well practiced with a pump, I dont think you will do too well though. If you have something like a Win 1300, the "reminds" you to cycle the action you will be set. Damn those 1300's can be FAST! :D

9mmMike
August 20, 2001, 07:26 PM
K80Geoff,
Pattern board eh? Now I REALLY want to go. I will not be around for the TFL shoot though. :(
What is the distance of a pattern board? What is a pattern board? It sounds like exactly what I need.
Thanks,
Mike

Jamie Young
August 20, 2001, 07:43 PM
I hold these things about every 3 months or so 9mmMike. Dead-Who Did you go with????

I could have killed the people at Water and Wings last time. I went up to the people and chewed them out for not putting up a sign. Its pretty hard to screw up directions from the turnpike but they some how did it.

K80Geoff
August 20, 2001, 07:58 PM
A pattern board is a large metal plate with a hole in the center for a target. The plate is coated with a mixture of latex paint and oil. You shoot at the hole in the center and the pattern prints on the paint. When you are finished with the pattern you roll the paint on the board to get a fresh surface to shoot at.

The pattern board will tell you where the pattern hits compared to where you point. Excellent to test gunfit and whether your chokes are what they say they are.

Usually you shoot at 25 yds. #7.5 shot is the best for this.

Soda Pop is goig to check if we will be allowed to use it that weekend as the range is having a Sporting Clays shot the same day.

Geoff Ross

darogue1
August 21, 2001, 05:07 AM
Can I get the directions or can someone post the link? I don't want to drive around for an hour:eek: Also What is the total so far on the amount of people comming? Any suggestions on the amount of ammo to bring per gun. Want to have enough to share but not tons to hump home. Thanks.........DAROGUE1

Dead
August 21, 2001, 01:52 PM
SodaPop,

I was there with my dad, and one of my friend's. Tried to get another one of my friend's to come out, but she didnt want to try the course that day as it was kinda sticky.

I will be shooting that course come September 16th! I might even have an O/U by then :D

SodaPop / K80Geoff,

My friend and I from the other meet will be up there Saturday, and Sunday. If either of you want to shoot Sporting Clays on Saturday let me know I will be down for that! :D

K80Geoff you are right about sporting clays becoming additive!

Jamie Young
August 21, 2001, 04:56 PM
Darogue where are you coming from?

I might be heading down to VA to shoot with some guys this saturday. Check out the other thread In this forum.

darogue1
August 21, 2001, 07:40 PM
I will be heading down from Reading PA. Will take turn pike down as far as possible. DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
August 21, 2001, 08:00 PM
If your going north on the Turnpike get off on the Quakertown Exit. Go threw the tolls and make a right at the light. Go to the next light and count "ONE" Go to the next light and count "TWO" and make a "RIGHT" at that light. Drive for about 3 minutes and you will see a stone that has Water and Wings engraved on it. Make a right onto the small road and you should see a big building ahead of you THATS IT!!!!

I'm not doing Head counts because its impossible to tell. People that say they are defanitely coming don't show up, but somebody always surprises us:) We could have anywhere from 6-20 people show up. Last time we had 9 people total. 2 people from FnFal.com. I'm heading down to VA this weekend to try and recruit some southern folk;)

Jamie Young
August 22, 2001, 08:09 PM
I'm going to get to the range at 9am to hold a few tables. I'm going to see if I can hold one Pistol and the Far Right 100yd-500yd table. Most people never use the 200yd table so we can spill over to that if we need to. I'm going to see if I can get a table to display all of our goodies for photos :) Does anyone have any suggestions on Events or anything else?

Does anyone have any steel targets for pistol?

Somebody HAS to bring a camera and take GOOD pictures. We haven't put much effort into group photos so dress nice and choice the firearm your gonna pose with ahead of time ;)

Make sure you all take showers too.

Does anyone want to make any bets on "What's going to walk out in front of us this time"? Did I tell you all about the kids that were driving their quads at the 500yd range after K80Geoff and Dead left?

ArmySon
August 22, 2001, 08:41 PM
I'll bring my digital camera. It takes some pretty good shots :)

I'll try to make it there early too. I prefer to shoot when in the morning.

Jamie Young
August 22, 2001, 08:51 PM
With all the people talking about doing Sporting Clays everyone is going to be floating around So we'll all have to try and plan on doing a group shoot between 11am-1pm. Last time one of the guys showed up at 10am and had to leave at 12pm. Another guy showed up at like 5pm. Everyone try and get there before 1pm or else you might not get in the group shoot!!!

Dead
August 23, 2001, 01:20 AM
I will be out there on the day of the 15th.

Maybe I call in dead tomorrow for work! :eek:

no more sleep deprived posts

Jamie Young
August 23, 2001, 10:00 PM
Does anyone have a 30/30 Lever Action they can bring to the shoot?

Jamie Young
August 25, 2001, 04:13 PM
On another thread ArmySon said...

( Want my Grand Cherokee? You'll never catch me buying another Jeep again. Once I get my Yukon, I outta bring it out to the PA Shoot and ... SHOOT IT!)

YEEEEEEEEHHHHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ArmySon is bringing his Cherokee out to the PA shoot so we can shoot it!!!!

ArmySon- How are you going to get back home?

ArmySon
August 25, 2001, 04:30 PM
Easy cowboy! I didn't get the Yukon yet so the Cherokee is still off-limits.

However, I do have a .45/70 Lever Action if you want to abuse your shoulder ;)

Dead
August 25, 2001, 05:51 PM
ArmySon,

Hurry up and get that Yukon!!! I want to blast a jeep

I will have to bring out the heavy guns for that :D

Umm if you dont get the Yukon by then, could we just put a few rounds through the doors :p

I am pretty sure I can dig up a 30/30 for this shoot. Now where did I put my shovel ;)

David Park
August 25, 2001, 09:37 PM
SodaPop, I should be able to make it up to PA for the TFL meet. Currently I only have one gun :o , but I might be able to pick up another one in the next 3 weeks. :D

Sorry you didn't make it down to VA today.

Jamie Young
August 25, 2001, 10:02 PM
Cool !! What is your one and only gun?

I'm going up to Water and Wings tomorrow to talk to the people. Since I can't afford/Risk spending $200 to reserve the range for the day I will have to see how many tables they will let me hold. I seriously doubt its going to be a problem though.

Besides, K80Geoff is going to hold the table next to the Hornets nest

Dinosaur- make sure you bring Thug Targets for everyone!!

On a different note, whats the difference between the Hi-Power and a Plain Vanilla 1911? I guess I'll have to shoot one to find out!

I'm looking forward to shooting that M1 Carbine Darogue! Thats one heck of a thread going on over in the Rifle Forum.

K80Geoff
August 25, 2001, 10:44 PM
Real live hornets, or are you gonna make me sit on dead's right again. This time i'm bringing some netting for self protection. Nothing like a cloud of SAR2 steel to ruin you concentration.

Can we get a headcount of people who will definitely be there so soda Can reserve tables for us.

Geoff Ross

No wimpin out this time, shoot rain or shine.

Jamie Young
August 25, 2001, 10:50 PM
Yes Somebody said Hornets:D Ok so I won't make you take the table next to the hornets. We'll leave that one for the Non-TFLers;)

Jamie Young
August 25, 2001, 10:53 PM
I'm pretty sure the count is at 10 from the First Thread that got locked out and this one. Plus guests

K80Geoff
August 25, 2001, 11:24 PM
That's OK...Hornets know better than to mess with me:D

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
August 26, 2001, 12:43 PM
Ok guys Listen up!!!!!

Water and Wings did a Major Scheduling screw up for the 15th and 16th.

The Sporting Clays Tournament they had scheduled for Sunday IS NOT ON SUNDAY. Its suppose to be on Saturday but the flyers and Calander they have posted are WRONG. The Sporting Clays field is Completely Open to us all day.

And now the Bad news The are holding a Cowboy Action Shoot at the Rifle and Pistol range on Sunday and I was told last time I was there that the guy wasn't holding it that day. And now they are holding it. I realise this is good for some of us and bad for others.

In keeping with the TFL weekend thing we'll stick to Sunday the 16th and do the sporting clays. Everyone that can't make it or doesn't want to do Sporting clays on sunday Email or PM me so I know your disgruntled about this. We can make the Rifle and Pistol Shooting the following sunday if you are all up to it.

Sporting Clays are absolutely on for the Sunday The 16th.

ArmySon
August 26, 2001, 02:46 PM
Man, if I just wanted to shoot sporting clays, I can do that at the 5 billion ranges within a 30 minute drive of my house :(

I wanted to shoot hte 500 yard rifle range.

Jamie Young
August 26, 2001, 04:19 PM
Thats another thing... I asked them when they would have the 500yd range open again (If you didn't see my post earlier on this thread) Somebody shot tracers and set all the tires on fire at 500yds. They called in two fire companies to put it out. They said it won't be back up for a couple weeks.

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one wanting to shoot 500yds. Absolutely nobody shoots past 300yds at this place. People are always like YEAH YEAH when I'm walking out to 500yds. All I can say is Water and Wings Screwed up not Me!:rolleyes: Well what about the following Sunday ArmySon? I figured this is going to screw up Darogue and Dinosaur also. We can get together the following sunday?

Jamie Young
August 26, 2001, 08:49 PM
HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an Idea

I'm going to call the guys hosting the Cowboy Action Match and see if they will let us take the 200yd table and One pistol table. "Dead" said last time they didn't use the whole rifle and pistol range. Besides TFL has a Cowboy Action Forum and if I give them a sob story we could weasel our way in. We all might have to dress up like Cowboys or Indians too:eek:

If I offer them money to take a table or two I'm sure there is enough of us going that I'll get my money back.

With some of us doing sporting clays and the Five Stand, one Rifle, and one pistol table should give everyone time to do what ever they want.

Dead
August 26, 2001, 09:05 PM
Sounds like a plan. Either way I am up there Sat/Sun

Mike Irwin
August 27, 2001, 01:15 AM
Soda,

I've got a .300 Savage lever action I can bring if I can make it.

Question -- what about lunch? Is this an all-day affair (it's looking like it)?

Another question -- what time? I'd want to shoot Clays, so I'd need to know what time to get in on that group.

Dead
August 27, 2001, 04:06 PM
Change of plans for me, I wont be out there till Saturday night at the earliest! :D

Jamie Young
August 27, 2001, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure I stated earliar that everyone should get there by 11am. I'm getting there early to make sure everything runs smooth. If everyone shows up this time I'll lay the money down for the whole range next time.

K80Geoff and I were talking about what to do for food earliar. I doubt they will let me bring a grill because they do have a place inside for hot dogs and drinks.

I called the guys at the Cowboy Action organization and I'm waiting for a return phone call. Keep checking back and I'll keep you all posted.

Marcus
August 27, 2001, 07:52 PM
Soda, if you have to postpone the rifle and pistol shoot till the next weekend it`s fine with me,in fact it`s better. I`m affraid Sporting Clays aren`t my thing plus I`d be the only guy out there with a rifle sighted riot gun. :eek: Marcus

darogue1
August 29, 2001, 04:41 AM
I don't do sporting clays gang! I hope that things work out for us on the 16th. As for the weekend after that I and the Girlfriend have tickets for a cruise on Carnivals Victory. So I would be out (TO SEA)! :( I just bought tons of stuff for this shoot too!! Life is just not fair:rolleyes: DAROGUE1

Jamie Young
August 29, 2001, 05:22 PM
Update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I talked To them and they said they can't allow anyone else to be shooting while they are out there FOR SAFETY REASONS.

BUT He said they usually finish up shooting by 3pm and we can shoot after that. Sporting Clays form 12-3pm, rifle and pistol 3pm -Sunset? I think thats until about 7:30 or so. That is late in the day but since everyone was planning on the 16th does it matter that much ?????

Dead
August 29, 2001, 06:48 PM
I think I will just do the sporting clay course Sunday..... :D

I will bring a rifle (or so) no matter what though. I need to figure if more than one of my friend's is coming, also my dad might come out??? Ugh! :)

K80Geoff
August 30, 2001, 07:15 AM
This is a big disappointment. I was hoping to get in some range time with my AR and a couple of handguns.

Untill we can get a decent turnout and find a range that we can reserve things like this will happen.

I hope people still show up, this is a national shoot weekend for TFL.

Damn cowboy fashion shooters. First they start screwing up good old double shotguns by cutting them off, now this:)

We have to find a new range that is convenient to all of us, anyone have any suggestions.

Geoff Ross

Jamie Young
August 30, 2001, 02:43 PM
Geoff, I distinctly remember you saying when we did the sporting clays to "Double Check" and "Make Sure they don't have anything else for that weekend". Then I specifically asked that woman with the long blonde hair if anything else was schedule for that day besides the Sporting Clays tournament and she said "NO". I'm pretty sure you were standing right behind me. She was the one that was going to rent me the 12gauge but then you butted in and said "You can use mine". Ugh:mad:

Listen...........

We changed the date specifically to get ArmySon and Darogue to come so you two tell me what you want to do? We can move it later into Sept or early October for Rifle and Pistol and pretty much just postpone this thing. I don't want to half ass it and not enjoy the day. THERE IS STILL THE POSSIBILITY THE COWBOY ACTION SHOOT COULD BE CANCELLED!!! They have a hotline 215-884-1218. If they cancel because of Iffy weather which seems a real possibility we could get in.

Sporting Clays are still on!!!

dinosaur
August 30, 2001, 03:40 PM
I`ll keep checking the thread to see what the latest is.

K80Geoff
August 30, 2001, 11:25 PM
Ok How about this. Anybody who wants to shoot Sporting clays show up on the 16th. Bring some handguns and Long guns if the range opens up later in the day.

We then schedule the rifle/handgun extravanganza for a wekend later in September or October.

When we shoot on the 16th we will put the owners into some type of medevil torture device and extract a date when we can RESERVE the range. We will pass the hat for loose change to put down a deposit so we can have the range to ourselves this time.

I suspect the cowboy shoot came up after we were there and they laid out the greenbacks to get the range. Money talks, and unfortunately we live in the Northeast where it talks the loudest.

I hate you guys in Utah, :p All that open space and no one to bother you when you shoot.

How about bids on a date for this thing?

Geoff Ross

darogue1
August 31, 2001, 06:20 AM
I don't want to come that late in the day. So it would be out for me too. I will check this thread though and hope for the best but expect the worst. Keeping the fingers crossed.....DAROGUE1

9mmMike
August 31, 2001, 05:54 PM
Goin' shootin' tomorrow at some crappy free (PA State Game Commission - three rounds at-a-time ) range. Peer pressure!
If it rains, I have a plan-B to swing by Water&Wings to shoot at the covered range with rifles but if it should happen to stop raining while I'm there........
Is there a place for hand-tossing clays there? I am shooting my 870 for the first time and I am not up to any of that thar fancy automated clay firing stuff.
Mike
PS. I know that this is off-topic but there are a whole lot of W&W patrons here and I am still bumming about missing the upcoming TFL shoot.

Jamie Young
August 31, 2001, 05:58 PM
I have a Cowboy Action schedule at Water and Wings for 2001. We can't do it on October 21st because they have a match then. The Sporting Clays tournaments won't interfered with ther Rifle/ Pisol range so hopefully nothing else is booked. We can decide on a date for the Rifle and Pistol shoot before the 16th and then Put money down to hold the range to ourselves. If some of you want to help put money towards it (Some of you already said you would) it would be a little easier for me.

How about Sunday Sept 30th. That's two sundays after the 16th? I'd rather do this sooner than later.

Dead
September 2, 2001, 12:34 PM
I dont think I can make Sept 30th. I will be there the 16th though..... What time do you all want to meet up for Sporting Clays??? :D

David Park
September 3, 2001, 01:03 AM
I have no problem with showing up for Sporting Clays on the 16th. I should have my own shotgun by then, even if I have to stop by Wal-Mart on my drive up. :)

I can't really help set a future date, since I'm currently job hunting and may be moving soon. I'll probably be finding a short-term job soon anyway, and that may cut into my free time on weekends. :( I'd really like to attend a general rifle and handgun day at the range, since I'm still a newbie and eager to learn, but I also have to fund the hobby.

Oh, and my one and only gun is my carry gun, a 9mm SIG P239. I'm planning to apply for PA non-resident CCW, too. :D

Jamie Young
September 3, 2001, 01:46 AM
Dave,
The best thing about these PA TFL shoots is you hardly need to bring anything. If "Dead" shows up, he's got enough guns to arm 10 people ;).

I've been the guy organizing these things but I'm in no way a Professional. I'm the Econo-Buy Rifle/Pistol shooter (SKS,Mini 14) I got a FAL now though :)

"K80Geoff" is the Sporting Clays Guru and took me around for the first time. He also helped convert my sister into a 2nd Ammendment Sister :D (I might try and bring my girlfriend up and see if he can help convert her next). I don't think we've had one bad apple yet. I'm sure I'll be shooting with these guys for a long time.

sniper@1000yrds
September 3, 2001, 06:55 PM
i've shot there on the 2nd of sept., and it is a ashame they torn down the 500ydr. the 400yd is starting to grow in and getting block by the 300yr also growwing in. love shooting there, meet some cool people. shoot just about every sunday there. confused:

Jamie Young
September 3, 2001, 09:24 PM
Sniper-The 500yd area wasn't torn down, ITS WAS BURNED DOWN:mad:!! Somebody was shooting tracers and started a fire. The 500yd back post is all tires and once they caught fire, things got out of control. Its a pile of ash now. Its the Best range I have ever been to in PA.

sniper@1000yrds
September 3, 2001, 10:00 PM
sodapop, i was told they torn it down last sunday, thanks for clearing it for me. and yes it is a great range to shoot at. so when is the date for the shoot?
later:)

Jamie Young
September 3, 2001, 10:07 PM
The 16th we are getting together for Sporting Clays and hopefully some rifle and pistol stuff. If the Cowboy ACtion thing they have going on there gets canceled, we'll be doing more Rifle and Pistol shooting. Things are a bit of a mess right now and its all up in the air for another week and a half. Keep Checking back.

What kind of guns do you shoot there?

sniper@1000yrds
September 3, 2001, 10:27 PM
sodapop
mainly shoot my ar-15s, m-1 carbine, long range is my 7mm rem mag.,and sometimes dust off my 30-30 and 30.06.
pistols are the sig family. long day shooting and long day cleaning. :D

9mmMike
September 4, 2001, 10:36 AM
I got a note from W&W a couple days ago. The 500 is still down but will be back "soon". No date though.
Since I will be shooting an 870, it will not really affect me too much though. ;)
By the way, they do not have any place there to hand throw clays but they did tell me that the patterning board was available (even to non-members) and that the sporting clay range had some novice level stuff where I might not become too frustrated.
Later,
Mike

Dead
September 5, 2001, 03:32 PM
SodaPop,

What time do you want to get started for the Clays on the 16th?? I will be out there Satruday night, so I can make REALLY early Sunday morning!

I think my friend that lives 3 miles away from W&W is just too damn good for me now :D

I am coming out along with atleast 2 of my friends, gonna see if my friend that lives by W&W wants to come out, though she has never shot at birds before!

Dead
September 5, 2001, 03:38 PM
For Food I say we hit PC Pub in Pennsburg. It is like 3 miles or up North on 663. No more going in to Quackertown for eats :D

I know they have pizza and beer there :D

Jamie Young
September 5, 2001, 04:19 PM
11am

Dead
September 5, 2001, 11:16 PM
See ya there at 11am

K80Geoff
September 6, 2001, 06:55 PM
Good, now I won't have to get up the night before to get there:D

Anyone get there before 11 see us at the pattern board. I plan to pattern my 20.

Geoff Ross

Dead
September 6, 2001, 08:07 PM
I will be there early. I am going to be only 5 mins away from the place Saturday night! :D

I will bring my ole 9200 for clays YAY! Maybe a 10ga to :p

Jamie Young
September 6, 2001, 11:15 PM
I'm going to try out my 16gauge and see if the trigger holds up. This is the best time (or should I say only time) to get 16gauge ammo from Dicks,KMart and Wal Mart, so I should have a pretty good amount of it. It it double fires too much I'll rent a 12gauge. I went up to Wal Mart to see how much 870's are and most of them are in the $230 range.

Jamie Young
September 9, 2001, 05:06 PM
Update On our Relationship with Water and Wings!!!

I was up there today and talked to the owners about reserving the range in October. Word got around about the screw up and they said they would hold 3 Rifle tables and 2 Pistol Tables FOR FREE. I also bitched about the Hornets because they were all over the place. They came over and massacred a hive during target changes.

I also Recruited a new Pennsylvania TFL member. The guy I talked about with the 50bmg gave me his Phone number and said he'll come out in October and bring his gun with him. He's going to go to the Fort Washington show and pick up more ammo so all you inexperienced shooters can have a blast!!! I got to shoot it for the first time today:p . It didn't really kick much but the muzzle blast almost took my glasses off.

Dead
September 10, 2001, 07:23 AM
When is Fort Washington??? I need to get some stuff :)

Jamie Young
September 10, 2001, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure its the 29th and 30th.

dinosaur
September 10, 2001, 05:07 PM
It is the 29th & 30th.

Dead
September 11, 2001, 11:58 AM
Ok I am NOT making it this weekend for the PA shoot!

Jamie Young
September 11, 2001, 04:41 PM
Ok its Post Poned.

Dead
September 12, 2001, 07:36 AM
Whats the new date?? I know I will be out there for the Fort Washington Show at the end of the month. 29-30th. Anything after the first weekend in Oct is a no go for me as I will be out west.

Jamie Young
September 12, 2001, 05:44 PM
We can have a Patriotic TFL Gathering at the Fort Washington gunshow and then go back to a party at Dinosaurs Hotel room.

Anyone else want to meet up there? Dead, Dinosaur and I are going.

Marcus
September 12, 2001, 08:29 PM
Which day are you guys going or are you going both days? I haven`t been to the Ft. Washington show since last year and I could use some stuff there (who couldn`t? ;) ). Marcus

Dead
September 12, 2001, 09:30 PM
I'll Be there Sunday I would think.. Maybe Saturday?? I dunno yet?

jthuang
September 13, 2001, 08:28 AM
Wish I could meet you guys there. I will be flying to Las Vegas for a trip to the Grand Canyon that weekend.

Of course, thanks to the new FAA regs I won't have my Spyderco Delicas on me. I feel safer already. :rolleyes:

Justin

dinosaur
September 14, 2001, 05:37 AM
I just bought a *&* Model 18 NIB from a guy in Arizona. He has 2 new 15 round factory mags for $75 each. If you`re interested P.M. me and I`ll give you his #.

Dead
September 14, 2001, 09:27 AM
Dino,

What is a Model 18???? 357??? 44mag?? 22LR?

I dont know *&* models anymore :)

What day is everyone going to goto the Ft Washington Show?

Jamie Young
September 14, 2001, 09:40 AM
Sunday

Dead
September 14, 2001, 01:06 PM
Would anyone want to hit W&W after the show???? I will bring my boom stick with me. ;)

ArmySon
September 14, 2001, 01:22 PM
I might go to show but at the moment, I'm flat broke :( due to this:

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80832

dinosaur
September 14, 2001, 07:48 PM
The mags are for a CZ 75.

Marcus
September 14, 2001, 09:06 PM
I`m 90% sure I`m going to the show. I`ll wait and see what day works out best for you guys. Dinosaur,I have a CZ-75 but I already have lots of high..ahem...normal cap mags. :) Marcus

Jamie Young
September 15, 2001, 12:15 AM
Thats the type of shotgun you use to hunt Wabbits huhhuhuhuhuh;)

Dead
September 16, 2001, 05:29 PM
SodaPop,

I will be at the Show Sunday Morning EARLY!

When is the next PA Shoot??? Lets set something up :)

I am going out West the second weekend in October, for a few weeks. So, after that I dont think it would be good to have a shoot?

Jamie Young
September 16, 2001, 05:53 PM
October 14th?

Dead
September 16, 2001, 06:38 PM
Hmm I will be in New Orleans that day :/

Jamie Young
September 16, 2001, 06:51 PM
October 28th?

Dead
September 17, 2001, 09:12 AM
SodaPop,

How about a POLL to help figure out what date would be good for everyone?? Sunday's seem to work best so far. Though I wouldnt mind Satruday's at all.

I will see you all at the front. (of the building for the Ft Washington Show that is) :D

Jamie Young
September 17, 2001, 05:30 PM
Ok how about October 28th then!!! I have to figure out how to do those Polls.

jthuang
September 24, 2001, 03:17 PM
Trip to Grand Canyon canceled. See you all at Fort Washington.

Justin

jthuang
September 27, 2001, 12:05 PM
Hope you all heard, FW show is postponed to November.

Justin

Dead
September 27, 2001, 03:53 PM
WHAT???? What cancel the show??? argh!