PDA

View Full Version : S.W.A.T. Magazine Online Order Form Now Available

Rich Lucibella
July 11, 2001, 11:48 PM
For those who aren't aware, we recently purchased S.W.A.T. Magazine. Our stated mission is simple: To promote responsible firearms ownership and to encourage law enforcement and civilian firearms owners to recognize and exploit issues of common ground. You can now place your order for S.W.A.T. Magazine direct from our server by clicking HERE (http://swatmagazine.com/order.htm). For the month of July only, we've reduced the price of a one year subscription from $26.95 to $19.95.

Like TFL, S.W.A.T. is a simple social experiment....we claim we are building the Finest Firearms Magazine on the Stands. The question is whether there is any real interest in a gunzine that brings you relevant and exclusive information on products, tactics and training....without the hype. Y'all get to bring in the verdict by your decision to subscribe or pass.

I hope you'll join us.
Rich Lucibella

ArmySon
July 11, 2001, 11:57 PM
We've all bought crummy magazines in the past. $19.95 is a bargain for a pro-RKBA publication that is not swayed by advertisement, free gun-a-month favors, etc. S.W.A.T. is all about serious, credible articles on firearms, tactics, gear and legal issues.

In addition, I firmly believe it's a small way to say thanks to TFL for almost 3 years of service to us firearms enthusiasts. How many of us would be lost if not for Rich and TFL?

I know that Rich is a modest man and doesn't want all these raves and thank you but ...............

Thanks! I have my subscription :)

http://www.swatmagazine.com/order.htm

deanf
July 12, 2001, 03:47 AM
I had sworn off all gun magazines, thinking TFL the best gun mag. (plus the fact that a guy at work subscribed to all gun mags, and brought them in for all of us to read.)

But I have subscribed to S.W.A.T. I know it's going to be good. I can hardly wait.

45King
July 12, 2001, 06:26 AM
Done. Looking forward to it.

Long live TFL and S.W.A.T.!

Byron Quick
July 12, 2001, 07:52 AM
My subscription is purchased. A small thank you to Rich.

B9mmHP
July 12, 2001, 01:29 PM
Order placed. Thank You Rich, you to ArmySon for your part.

dinosaur
July 12, 2001, 04:58 PM
Now what?

The Plainsman
July 12, 2001, 05:45 PM
Rich;

I have the same problem as dinosaur - I'm not showing a secure connection (http instead of https). I'll subscribe one way or another, but it won't be on-line I guess. :confused:

Rich Lucibella
July 12, 2001, 09:16 PM
I see it.
It's the key Viacrypt certificate...it doesn't like name based hosts. I expect to have this fixed by tomorrow. Meantime, you can use the telephone order method:
(800) 673-4595
Make sure to tell them the price is 19.95 per the Internet Promotion.
Thanks
Rich

rock_jock
July 13, 2001, 09:56 AM
Rich,

The 1-800 number connects me to LFP Publications. I'm not going to end up on a mailing list for Hustler magazine, am I?

Rich Lucibella
July 13, 2001, 11:19 AM
rock-
LFP agreed to handle the subscriptions for us, as we're too small to do it in house just yet. Our Attorney specifically added a rider to the contract which reads as follows:
LFP agrees that the Subscriber List provided by CLIENT hereunder is the exclusive property of CLIENT and it will not supply or divulge the list or files to any person or persons etc. etc
FWIW, the people at LFP have been the most honorable people I've ever done business with, bar none. They've kept every one of their promises to us, both verbal and written. I'm told by others in the industry that this fits their reputation.

As a previous subscriber to S.W.A.T. I've never received a mailing from LFP for subscriptions to other LFP mags....and this was during the time that they owned the list.

The list is secure.
Rich Lucibella

Ledbetter
July 13, 2001, 12:07 PM
Why do you want my daytime phone number to order a magazine? What did you guys do, all post your mother-in-law's?

Regards.

Byron Quick
July 13, 2001, 07:35 PM
I gave my day time phone number. It's in the phone book.

ArmySon
July 13, 2001, 08:04 PM
Maybe if there's a problem with the customer's order, it'd be nice to have some way of getting into contact with the individual? I don't work for S.W.A.T. Magazine so take it for what it's worth.

Rich Lucibella
July 13, 2001, 08:45 PM
Lessee-
In the past 4 days we've received 8 addy changes from the USPS for existing subscribers. Those mags don't get forwarded. They just tear off the cover and send it to us with a label indicating the change. One of the 8 had no forward address. Thus, the phone number helps.
Rich

The Plainsman
July 14, 2001, 11:09 AM
Rich;

I just tried to make the connection to subscribe on-line. I'm still not getting a secure connection. :( FYI

Kurt

Rich Lucibella
July 14, 2001, 12:40 PM
PM-
It was billed to us as "secure" and is.....once the info is pushed from TFL to ViaKlix. I've removed the "secure" from the thread title and we're working on getting a certificate now...it's a lot more involved than I had thought!

For those uncomfortable using the tfl server for now (it's dedicated and only two of us have the root password), please order by mail or telephone at (800) 673-4595.
Make certain you tell them that you're due the Internet promotion price of $19.95 for the year.
Rich

annie
July 14, 2001, 08:03 PM
Rich,

A link is now on my home page. :)

Annie

Ledbetter
July 17, 2001, 05:36 PM
And I'm getting your magazine.

Regards.

SA Scott
July 23, 2001, 01:42 PM
It must work, because I just used it.

SA Scott

Rich Lucibella
July 25, 2001, 12:51 AM
I've been gone a few days.

Thanks much to all of you who have signed up and spread the word. The magazine has my name on it....you can bet I'll do my best to support Denny and the Authors.
Rich

sgoeing
July 25, 2001, 12:12 PM
Rich,
I subscribed about a week ago and can't wait to start receiving the mag. Sounds great. However, I can't find the july issue in any stores around here. How can I get the july issue. I would kinda like to have them all.
Thanks
Michael Goeing
If anybody from the Lexington, KY area knows where I can pick it up that would be great. I've tried all the larger book stores.

Rich Lucibella
July 25, 2001, 03:25 PM
You can call the Subscriptions Dept for a back order, but it will cost a bit. (I'm not certain of the price). In any case, this would hardly seem fair since the mag is on the stands still.

Keep trying the local stores...suggest you call first. We've had a real problem with Curtis Distributors, given the fact that they had deactivated the mag and are in the process of getting it back out to the field.

If you still don't have any luck, email me...I'll see what I can do.
Look for your first regular issue third week in August.
Rich

sgoeing
July 25, 2001, 03:49 PM
Guess what,
I just went to Barnes and Noble and they had a copy in.
Well, Gotta go do some readin!!!!

wishbone
July 26, 2001, 06:10 PM
RICH- THREE E-MAILS to day..OK ..I Ordered On Line..:)

Rich Lucibella
July 26, 2001, 07:26 PM
Wishbone-
I truly apologize for that...it's embarassing that it happened to about 1500 Members. Turns out the Mail Proggie kept timing out and I didn't realize that was the problem.

Oops!
Rich